What's new

Quick disconnect on bay pump

Davidson

Reaction score
Thought about adding a quick disconnect to self serve pump so that I can attach a 100' hose to clean auto bay. Anyone ever done this? Currently cleaning auto bay with garden hose and it takes forever.

Overachiever

Reaction score
I put a quick disconnect on one of the bays at the boom, haven't had any issues with people stealing the gun.

bert79

Reaction score
We Just put a quick disconnect at the gun in the ss bay closest to the iba. I have another gun with 40' of hose attached that i can connect up and wash down the iba with hp. Works great! Should have done it a while ago. We were in the same boat doing it with a garden hose.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've done it for years. I put the disconnect under the swivel at the boom, which I can pull down to swap out for the washdown hose without a ladder.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I've done it for years. I put the disconnect under the swivel at the boom, which I can pull down to swap out for the washdown hose without a ladder.

Mep do you have these on each of your bays or just on 1 bay like the other guys mentioned? A longer wash down hose would be nice for morning wash downs and clean ups

Davidson

Reaction score
I was thinking about putting it at the pump inside the equipment room. Wouldn't have to worry about theft or pulling down the boom. Any thoughts?

bert79

Reaction score
100' of hp hose is a lot to be dragging around all the time. 40' is enough for me. It was mentioned to me that people may steal the gun when we did the connection in the bay. I know people will steal anything but what real use would people have for a ss hp gun? Most people wouldnt even know what a quick connect looks like. Just my thoughts (I'm sure mine is being stolen as I write this).

Randy

Reaction score
I was thinking about putting it at the pump inside the equipment room. Wouldn't have to worry about theft or pulling down the boom. Any thoughts?
I used to have a quick disconnect in the equipment room. It didn't get used very often and it got so corroded to the point that it wouldn't work anymore. If I need a longer hose out in the bay I'll disconnect the gun and screw the long hose onto the bay hose, it only takes a couple of minutes.

MEP001

Reaction score
Mep do you have these on each of your bays or just on 1 bay like the other guys mentioned? A longer wash down hose would be nice for morning wash downs and clean ups
I used to have them on each bay, but not just for connecting the washdown hose, I'd also use them to quickly change a broken bay hose and I'd keep a couple assemblies ready. Now I have them just on bays 2 and 5. I mounted a hose reel on an old hand truck with 100' of hose on it, which I only need to unspool about 60' of most of the time since I can couple it to those two bays. I used to keep a cart with 250' of hose in 50' lengths, and when one wore through I'd just pull it off and throw it away, until I was down to 100', then I'd order three more.

Etowah