What's new

Questions on Vacs?

Kevin Evans

Reaction score
We are setting up a new location with vacs. Curious about the following:

1.) Would you use combo or standard vacs?

2.) Any preference on the brand of vacs?

3.) Would you use bill acceptors or credit card acceptors?

4.) If you did credit card acceptors would you go wireless?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

vinh

Reaction score
I have only combo vac at my location. two jim coleman frag vac. two jim coleman shamp vac. one fragmatic frag vac. all have been trouble free. I don't have bill acceptor only coin. vac are highest margin so spend the money and get good setup. I saw some FV3 on ebay for $2000. looks good.

MEP001

Reaction score
Kevin Evans said:
1.) Would you use combo or standard vacs?
Combo vacs usually bring in more money than a standard vac in the same spot, especially shampoo/vacs. I would use only combo vacs.

Kevin Evans said:
2.) Any preference on the brand of vacs?
Ours are Doyle Fresh Impressions with shampoo, spot remover and three fragrances in each unit. They're only about $1,000 more than a Fragramatics unit that has either shampoo or fragrance. My favorite part about the Doyle is that it holds full gallon jugs of all five liquids.
Kevin Evans said:
3.) Would you use bill acceptors or credit card acceptors?
Why not both? I can't say which I'd choose because ours have neither, but I think CC would be the better choice.
Kevin Evans said:
4.) If you did credit card acceptors would you go wireless?
Depends on the system. I want to add CC acceptance to ours, and the Etowah Valley system would work the best, but Jim says the vacs make too much noise for them to work wirelessly. If you're building new, just have them run two 3/4" conduits to each vacuum, then you can use anything.

Bill Manke

Reaction score
I'm doing a new wash right now. Will be ordering vacs soon. I will have 8 vacs total. 2 shampoo vacs, 2 fragrance vacs, 4 turbo 2 or 3 motor vacs. JE Adams. All will have bill acceptors , credit card and washcard. They will be wired not wireless. I also Like the Doyle Fresh Impressions Vac. I have one at one of my other Washes.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Got my last Coleman combos with Bill acceptors. That is the way to go. Also allow or plan for CC since it is the state of the art.