What's new

Questions for truckers

Etowah

Randy

Reaction score
Now that would REALLY! piss me off. I've had a trucker or two wash off there 5th wheel a few times, what frigg'n mess.

Scott.Downey

Reaction score
Actually I was asking if there is some sort of maintenance requirement for blowing off the greese on the hitch...somehow my text got cut off. Didn't even wash the truck... went to 2 different bays to find the most pressure,blew the greese off than left with it all over the walls ect. Good thing i wasn't there.

HeyVern

Reaction score
There's no maintenance requirement, unless it gets a lot of dirt or something in the grease. I you need to repair the fifth wheel, you want to get the grease off so you can work on it. Most mechanics get what they can with a scraper and the rest with solvent. Drivers do this.

MEP001

Reaction score
Yeah, the drivers blow the grease off. They don't care that it takes ten times longer to clean up the mess than they spend washing it off. They just have to put some new grease on the head before hooking up to another trailer. I know a guy with a couple truck bays, he put up signs stating $500 fine for grease or excessive mud. The cops in his area will go after offenders.