What's new

Questions for Blendco Super SAT Users

Back4More

Equipment & Chem Supplier
Reaction score
Before I ask this question, once again, I will state I am a carwash equipment and chemical supplier and am not trying to advertise or anything. I am presently not a Blendco dealer. I do have some questions that I would like to ask some people using the products, such as what brand or chemical company were they using prior to using Super SAT. I understand Blendco is a forum advertiser, so perhaps you could either use the private message function to reply or e-mail me. Otherwise post it. A lot of people on this forum over the years have said they got better cleaning at a lower cost per car than their prior supplier.

I have seen the Blendco pricing and what I am curious about is were they able to compete in a market with lower priced quality suppliers. Or did they outperform at a lower cost per car only the big buck brands, Ecolab, CSI, etc...

Foam1

Reaction score
We are using Blendco Super Sat at most of our self service locations and one of our tunnels. We are going to start using Blendco at all of our automatic sites and our self service sites.The quality is much better and at a better price than other soaps that we have used. It is the first time that customers have actually noticed a difference (for the better) when we switch each site over.The fact that YOU mix the soap on your site and are not having water shipped to you is great,and saves money on shipping which is a bonus too.

Wash-A-Roo

Living off .25$
Reaction score
concrete guy turned off my water supply to my super sat by accident. 3 days later had two complaints in my mailbox saying my ss soap was not as good as usual. Then I had a guy come up to me and tell me to switch back to my old soap cause the new stuff sucks. Went and checked and sure enough the water supply was off. First time ever to have people notice cleaning power in the ss. Its hard to get it dialed in but once you do its great and doesnt use alot. Still its alittle more than what I was using before but for sure worth the money.

dogwasher

Reaction score
About how much does a box of Super Zat cost? I have tried Powder Made Easy and the consumption was so bad I had to change back to liquid soap. The cost per car doubled. Not sure about using powder again.

BlendMoney

Reaction score
About how much does a box of Super Zat cost? I have tried Powder Made Easy and the consumption was so bad I had to change back to liquid soap. The cost per car doubled. Not sure about using powder again.

Super Sat is nothing like "powder made easy." It is a completely different product and type. If you would like more detailed info, feel free to message me. I an answer any questions you might have.

TC100

Reaction score
Black stuff in soap barrel

Is anyone having a black like substance show up all around the top of their soap drum when using SuperSat? I have used in for several years now, but my most recent boxes of powder have made the liquid in my soap drum look like nasty dirty water. It is also leaving an unsightly black ring of crust around the outside edge of the drum, and every thing inside the tank.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
I was told the black specks or black stuff was caused by hard water or iron or other things in the water that you are mixing with.

TC100

Reaction score
Not likely in my case. I've have used the stuff for over 4 yrs, and had this location for 10. I think something is up with the powder.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
about 5 yrs ago when we started up a new wash and filled the tank with hard water before the softener was working there were a lot of black spots show up, I asked about them then and that was the answer I got,,

When I got the softener running and shortly after that they disappeared.
that was my experience with the black dots

BlendMoney

Reaction score
My tank has a ring........

Is anyone having a black like substance show up all around the top of their soap drum when using SuperSat? I have used in for several years now, but my most recent boxes of powder have made the liquid in my soap drum look like nasty dirty water. It is also leaving an unsightly black ring of crust around the outside edge of the drum, and every thing inside the tank.
:cool:It was a bad batch of raw material used to make the HPH Powder.....It was never pin pointed to a specific batch and it does not affect the alkaline strength so it was not a major issue.

It has been resolved, so if you clean the ring around the drum, it should not return. I hope this helps......

baywash1

Reaction score
I have been in the carwash business for 15 years. I am in Louisiana and have tried many different types of chemicals. I beleive in the Blendco products. Being able to adjust the cleaning capabilities for my market is important. Not all dirt and grime are created equal. The cost of the product appears to be expensive but that is not the case. EXAMPLE: Using a touchless automatic, 6 gallons of concentrate and 30 lbs of PH powder will wash approximately 1350 vehicles @ .60 per car and I can get the eyebrows off of the windshields in most cases. Blendco makes a good product.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
Baywash1
Thanks for pricing info. I've been wondering what this stuff costs.

1,350 X .60 = $810.00 for a box of soap and a bucket of concentrate. WOW!

BlendMoney

Reaction score
Baywash1
Thanks for pricing info. I've been wondering what this stuff costs.

1,350 X .60 = $810.00 for a box of soap and a bucket of concentrate. WOW!
Don't judge by that......i can not believe those numbers for one product......most of my customers are at .03 to .06 cents per car.......I do have a customer with a D&S 5000 that has a presoak at less than .20 cents per car with a two step pass.....that customer was over .47 cents before I got there, so that was a huge difference.....

Gabriel

Reaction score
Blendco has a great product and if set up properly it is very competitive with any of the other top products. Once set up there is little to do other than wash cars. I use nothing else and we are extremely satisfied.

baywash1

Reaction score
Let me correct myself and be more specific. Six gallons of concentrate and five six gallon pales of PH powder(about 270 lbs) will wash about 1350 vehciles. The concentrate cost is about $195 and the powder $125. You do the math.

Thanks

Back4More

Equipment & Chem Supplier
Reaction score
Baywash, my math must be off. I come up with $0.70 per car with those figures.

BlendMoney

Reaction score
Let me correct myself and be more specific. Six gallons of concentrate and five six gallon pales of PH powder(about 270 lbs) will wash about 1350 vehciles. The concentrate cost is about $195 and the powder $125. You do the math.

Thanks
If you are happy, I am thrilled but what equipment are you using? That is an awful lot of HPH for 1350 cars, are you using any other products at the same time, that may account for the HPH usage.....

Turbo

Reaction score
my blendco tank has recently turned dark. No good explanation from supplier.

B

blake247

Just yesterday I had the Supersat system installed on my G5 and so far I love it!