What's new

Questions about old Laserwash signage in Lansing, MI

samskeezy

Reaction score
So glad I found this forum!

Anyway, I stumbled upon this humorous signage behind a BP gas station that seemingly has an old Laserwash system installed, though not operational. I'm guessing this signage dates back to the early 90s, if not 1989 when the Laserwash 4000 system was released(I did as much research as I could before posting, please correct me if I'm incorrect). I cannot find this "top ten" signage anywhere online, and I'd love to replicate it for fun/nostalgia/replica purposes:

toptenreasons.JPG

As you can see, #9 states that "It's salt free, fat free, (removed)" -- something appears to be painted out:

saltfree.jpg

HMMM!? What could it be?

Would it possibly be "care free" considering the company was called that prior to the PDQ rebranding? Before I embark on a journey back to this sign across town(2818 Kalamazoo/Lansing, MI 48912), does anyone have any additional info on the history of this goofy signage? The gas station has played musical chairs with its branding numerous times in the past few decades(Mobil > BP > Citgo > Clark > Sunoco > GoLo > Sunoco > Amoco), which makes it kinda interesting that this signage has stood the test of time.

Other than the fact that I really like it, I might just ask the owner if it's for sale, ha ha. If I do get around to digitizing this properly, I'll be sure to post it up.