What's new

Question on count up...

spf8298

Reaction score
We ordered new meter boxes from Dultmeier last winter. We are finally getting ready to install. It’s been a long winter as they are redoing the street in front of our wash so we wanted to wait and do the install while things were tore up and slow.

Our new meter boxes have dixmor led7 timers and we wanted them with ‘count up’ timers but just noticed our signage that came with the boxes is all listed for ‘count down.’ How involved is it to switch to ‘count up’? Obviously we will have to get new signage, but we will also need to reprogram equipment. Any insight would be appreciated. I feel so dumb that this detail got overlooked.

MEP001

Reaction score
It's literally just a drop-down selection as you're setting up Cryptopay, nothing to it at all. This is assuming the swipers are wired correctly to the timers, but that's also a simple change.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
When my new meter box doors arrive we are going count up with our LED7 instead of our old way of count down because I saw too many customers trying to "beat the clock" and race around their vehicles like they are qualifying for the pit crew at Nascar.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Always do Count Up.

I set my max price at $19, and I get tons of them.

MEP001

Reaction score
I set my max price at $19, and I get tons of them.
I found that when customers would reach the max charge they thought that was the limit they could spend that day and would finish washing with cash, so I raised the max price until I'd see a max charge maybe once a month.