What's new

Question: How have self serve customers changed over the years?

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
I recently (going on three years) started a self serve car wash with one IBA. It was on a property that was a car wash but was very run down. Rebuilt in the same location and many neighbors told me about the issues I would have with local low lifes. They were correct. I installed a high quality surveillance system and watched the place closely with my free time. I was very proactive with calling the police the first year. After a few robberies and dozens of times having the police chase off loiterers, druggies etc. we seem to have developed a reputation as a terrible place to loiter or sleep or do drugs or really anything except wash your car. This has paid off and now I rarely have folks there except to wash their cars… Initially the local police department got tired of me calling which is unfortunate but was necessary to develop this reputation.
Currently I am working with the local police department to give them access to my surveillance system.
The folks giving trouble at the car wash are the same folks giving trouble in the rest of the community.
Broken Windows Theory definitely applies at the Self Serve Car Wash!!
I sent you a PM :)