soonermajic

Reaction score
What about :

Hi ph PS (10 swc pause)
Low ph 3x Foam (10 sec pause)
Hp rinse w/ Ceramic
SFR
Exit --->Dryers

Isn't that what a lot of Petit users do?
Would that work on a Razor?

washnshine

Reaction score
What about :

Hi ph PS (10 swc pause)
Hp rinse w/ Ceramic
SFR
Exit --->Dryers

I’m sure you could do it on a Razor. It looks like the Petit has to have an even amount of passes because it washes both sides at once. If it has an odd number, it would have to include an empty pass to return to its home position. Razors return home with every main-arch applied pass since they circle the car. This set up for the Petit might have been necessitated by keeping the package at four passes, and not having to go to six. Five isn’t really an option without adding an empty pass to return home, which then makes it six anyway.

I think if I had a Petit, I’d keep the basic as two presoaks, one hp and one sfr. I’d save triple foam for a package that is going to have more passes anyway. I do not believe that low pH triple foam immediately after high pH presoak adds cleaning capabilities. It doesn’t cover the car like a second pass of either high or low pH presoak can. It covers the top and side windows fairly well, but not the front and rear, and definitely not down to the bottom of the car, which are usually the dirtiest. It probably does help with neutralizing the high pH, but since that machine moves so fast, I’d rather see a second high pH to increase dwell. But I don’t own one, so I might be way off in my thinking.

SuperShine

Reaction score
What about :

Hi ph PS (10 swc pause)
Hp rinse w/ Ceramic
SFR
Exit --->Dryers

it depends on the region the Petit wash is located. Most of the ones you’re thinking of that are setup for serious throughput don’t use a two step lowph.

They do it like this:

Pass 1: high PH presoak.

Pass 2: high PH presoak applied through Tri pods at the same or stronger strength to prevent nullifying the first pass. They use the LED bars to mimic a colored Tri foam.

Pass 3: HP pass (sometimes with a sealant or ceramic injected depending on package)

Pass 4: MP spot free rinse.

This only works if your region cleans well without a two step low/high. Ask me how I know 😉

Also Petit’s don’t have to have even passes. I’ve set mine up with five before. It just means the machine is traveling home along the car as the car is leaving the bay for the dryer and can freak people out so it’s best avoided.

soonermajic

Reaction score
it depends on the region the Petit wash is located. Most of the ones you’re thinking of that are setup for serious throughput don’t use a two step lowph.

They do it like this:

Pass 1: high PH presoak.

Pass 2: high PH presoak applied through Tri pods at the same or stronger strength to prevent nullifying the first pass. They use the LED bars to mimic a colored Tri foam.

Pass 3: HP pass (sometimes with a sealant or ceramic injected depending on package)

Pass 4: MP spot free rinse.

This only works if your region cleans well without a two step low/high. Ask me how I know 😉

Also Petit’s don’t have to have even passes. I’ve set mine up with five before. It just means the machine is traveling home along the car as the car is leaving the bay for the dryer and can freak people out so it’s best avoided.
Why would a 2nd pass of High ph PS nullify the first pass of High ph PS? Or was that a typo?
Id think make 1st pass stronger, & 2nd pass could be a lot weaker, as it's more for dwell than anything...?

SuperShine

Reaction score
Not a typo. By layering a weaker presoak over the stronger first, you are compromising the overall strength and cleaning ability. If you’re concerned with speed and the shortest dwell time possible, the strength during the short dwell matters.

But it’s totally irrelevant if you’re using a two step, low high set up or longer wash cycles mind you.

I just wanted to clarify how most of the fast Petit setups do it.

cheers