What's new

Quest detergents

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Greg,
Do you like the TF version of the Total Shield for SS because it is less expensive? Would you go with the Extreme version in the automatic?
I would use regular or extreme in friction automatics. The TF version is less durable and was designed to be used on touch free washes where you could have the problem of locking in the road film if the car didn't come clean. Having said that, I use the regular version of total shield on my water wizard. I like the TF version in the SS because it has a light purple tint and smells like grape Kool Aid.

Last edited:

STXCW

Reaction score
We are converting all our washes to 777 after testing at a few sites with great success.

washnshine

Reaction score
Ok - wanted to update this thread. I started using Shine On with Vantagloss and Total Shield Extreme- these products are amazing. The cars have never looked so good - incredible shine, super smooth feel, strong high beads, easy drying and the chems smell great too.

I have no affiliation with quest - and I have posted positive comments on several brands I have tried over the years. But at this point in time, these are by far the best solutions for me. It is early, and I will tweak things and go through several seasons with these, but the initial results are tremendous.

Thanks to all on the forum who have posted info on these chems and answered my initial questions.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm glad you like them! Quest does have an awesome lineup of sealants and protectants. I've quit trying other brands so it's good to hear some confirmation form time to time.

Did you get any drying agency 777? I think it works great, but I have very little experience with drying aids.

washnshine

Reaction score
I'm glad you like them! Quest does have an awesome lineup of sealants and protectants. I've quit trying other brands so it's good to hear some confirmation form time to time.

Did you get any drying agency 777? I think it works great, but I have very little experience with drying aids.
Not yet with a drying agent. I wanted to update the premium stuff first - but when I do, I will probably try the drying agency 777 because I see it has no mso - and I prefer those products and am currently using that type of product for the drying agent.

I did try the suds up as my neutral foaming detergent. It does foam up well and is slick. Even though it is a neutral pH product , it does have good cleaning properties on oily road films and dirt. It’s not just a “show foam”. According to the label you can use it in a bucket, hand wash and automatic. I got the suds up in a tropical scent which is a nice bonus. All their scents are awesome and strong - in a good way.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
washnshine- any updates? Are you still happy with the products?

I put vanta on a lava arch and blew through a couple of gallons quickly! Dialed it back down and all seems well. Haven't figured
a cost per car.

washnshine

Reaction score
washnshine- any updates? Are you still happy with the products?

I put vanta on a lava arch and blew through a couple of gallons quickly! Dialed it back down and all seems well. Haven't figured
a cost per car.
Yes - still loving it and still tweaking it. I’m currently dialed in at about one ounce per gallon. FYI - I use the low foam version because I am not using it in a sheet foamer, but rather an arch. It still has a little foam and the blue color, but that was how I applied my former hot wax and this replaces it.

Did you use the regular shine on before trying Vantagloss? Are you keeping it at about the same application ratio? This is my first go around with them so I had no reference point.

I believe the tech sheet recommends it at about 1:120 for maximum effect. You can cut it down more and it will behave as a high quality sealer, but I want the maximum performance from this.

washnshine

Reaction score
Also - you guys probably already know this but I was told you don’t have to rinse off the shine on before you apply the total shield. You can put one right on top of the other then rinse. That seems like that would really be good for an IBA to save a rinse pass.
I’m using these in a tunnel and I have a rainbar between the wax and super sealant - I’ve always been set up that way and it was probably good since I have mixed brands before and you don’t know if there can be a reaction with the dyes or The chemistry of the two products. Don’t need to do that anymore with these two products.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Did you use the regular shine on before trying Vantagloss? Are you keeping it at about the same application ratio? This is my first go around with them so I had no reference point.
Yeah, it and total shield will work more as a regular CCP at weaker strengths.
I have used regular shine on in the past. You can actually tee shine on and total shield together and get some of the properties of both products in one application. The problem I have with using vanta or another premium wax product in lava is that it uses quite a bit of excessive product, where a liquid application I would use less product even though it will be a stronger dilution and would result in a better car.

I'm in a IBA and have a few restraints. I am not spreading the wax products around with brush or mitter and I'm getting an uneven application. It causes a very subtle streaking appearance on the lower parts of the cars where the lava or foaming wax is running down over the paint unevenly. We';re supposed to have some rain this week. I plan on moving the CCP products to the nozzles that produce the most even application to the surface of the vehicle. I'll use the lava and foaming wax applicators for soap/conditioner products.

washnshine

Reaction score
Yeah, it and total shield will work more as a regular CCP at weaker strengths.
I have used regular shine on in the past. You can actually tee shine on and total shield together and get some of the properties of both products in one application. The problem I have with using vanta or another premium wax product in lava is that it uses quite a bit of excessive product, where a liquid application I would use less product even though it will be a stronger dilution and would result in a better car.

I'm in a IBA and have a few restraints. I am not spreading the wax products around with brush or mitter and I'm getting an uneven application. It causes a very subtle streaking appearance on the lower parts of the cars where the lava or foaming wax is running down over the paint unevenly. We';re supposed to have some rain this week. I plan on moving the CCP products to the nozzles that produce the most even application to the surface of the vehicle. I'll use the lava and foaming wax applicators for soap/conditioner products.
I see it the same way as you.
Even though I have a tunnel wash, that is exactly why I am using arches instead of a bubbleizer or sheet foamer. The foamers do great on the tops but I’ve seen a lot of them get streaky or uneven side coverage. And with products like these, like you said, you can see a difference where it was covered and where it was not. I like these products when arch - applied right before the rinse - best coverage and will actually use less product at a higher concentration. I put these on after all the washing and friction is done.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
When I USED to run Quest, I used Shine On as a Low pressure through the arch on my top 2 washes for Years followed directly over with Total sheild on the water saver pass about 600psi then spot free.

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
Also Greg - if you are going to do Shine On with Vantagloss through the nozzles, you might like the low foam version.