What's new

Quest detergents

washnshine

Reaction score
I’m going to give some quest products a try. Heard a lot of good things and on this forum. I see the premium sealants/ waxes are shine on and total shield.

Would anyone who is using their products mind letting me know what lubricating detergent you are using - they have a bunch. I’m thinking of a general wrap/mitter/soap foamer detergent. Looks like “suds up” would do the trick. But wanted input from anyone here. Will also be talking to the company and/or distributor bit would like to get some forum advice too. Thanks.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I switched to Shine On, & have got a couple others to switch to it. I actually even diluted it slightly more than Jason said.
It is freaking awesome!!

soonermajic

Reaction score
I also tried Platinum Protect, & it was great.
Gotta friend using H2off in his Express Tunnel & he swears by it. He also raves about Shine On

Coach B

washnshine

Reaction score
Gotta friend using H2off in his Express Tunnel & he swears by it. He also raves about Shine On

Coach B
Thanks coach - I saw that platinum protect online- that does look like something else I would try. That helps. Are you using any of their soaps?

soonermajic

Reaction score
Nope, just PP & Shine On. Tried to switch to a cheaper "better " product than Shine On. NOPE, wasn't cheaper in long run, & dang sure wasn't better. Not in show, smell or performance. Thanks Tdlconcepts Thomas

APW

Reaction score
I use Quest and am very happy with them. I use them for my SS and my IBA's. On my IBA's I use Triton for low and Add Hi with D-100 on a dual barb injector for my Hi pass.

washnshine

Reaction score
I use Quest and am very happy with them. I use them for my SS and my IBA's. On my IBA's I use Triton for low and Add Hi with D-100 on a dual barb injector for my Hi pass.
Thanks. What about hp soap and foam brush soap in ss?

APW

Reaction score
I use Berry Blitz 3XC for my foam brush and HPS 3XC. Both are good products.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
rock n lo for automatic brush detergent. Another option is Show time. It is less concentrated and less acidic but has a great orange scent

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Thanks. What about hp soap and foam brush soap in ss?
I like blast off for HP soap, and you have several options for foam brush: berry blitz(pink), grape escape(purple), blue razz(blue),and mango tango(green) depending on preferred color and scent. . Showtime low ph also works here so that would allow you to use the same product for both foamers and foam brush. Showtime is available in white, red, yellow,blue, green,and purple-all with a great orange scent.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score

Coach B
Platinum is good. Total shield TF works as a SS wax and has a great grape smell. Drying agency 777 is great in inbays and tunnels. I'm using it on the istobal as my base "wax" I think I got 4K cars out of a 5 gallon container. It enhances the shine on the car and dries with virtually no spots

washnshine

Reaction score
Looking over their website to get familiar the products before I make contact and place an order - it looks like they have an updated version of Shine On. It is called Shine On with Vantagloss.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Drying Agency 777 also good at enhancing beading & deying?
I may try that
Yes it works well for me. I've never tried H2off so let me know what you think of 777. I've never been a fan of oil based waxes and DAs. You can spot those cars that have it when it rains and their windshield smears up when they use their wipers. The 777 is used as part of the polymer package that produces the super glossy cars that many chem mfgs. are claiming are a ceramic process. Quest is using the same technology to get the same performance but thinks using ceramic in the description is deceptive, so they don't have a "ceramic" line like some of the other mfgs..

Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Looking over their website to get familiar the products before I make contact and place an order - it looks like they have an updated version of Shine On. It is called Shine On with Vantagloss.
Its a new product that is only available in a turquoise color. Get the high foam if you're using it in a curtain, you can get the low foam version if you want to put it on as a liquid application. The vanta version supposedly has better smoother surface "hand wax" feel than the carnuba shine on. I've got some on hand but am using up my current supply of shine on before I put it online. BTW I use regular shine on in my SS tri foam applicator. It is not cheap but customers rave about it. I may try the vanta version as a single color foaming conditioner in SS.

The goal is the cars that get the slickest feel and highest gloss. A premium package might include shine on with vanta gloss in a curtain or foamer, sealed in with total shield or total shield extreme.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
BTW, I'm thinking of just injecting drying agency 777 into my SFR water and seeing what happens. It doesn't spot like oil based DAs. Has anyone done something like that?

washnshine

Reaction score
Its a new product that is only available in a turquoise color. Get the high foam if you're using it in a curtain, you can get the low foam version if you want to put it on as a liquid application. The vanta version supposedly has better smoother surface "hand wax" feel than the carnuba shine on. I've got some on hand but am using up my current supply of shine on before I put it online. BTW I use regular shine on in my SS tri foam applicator. It is not cheap but customers rave about it. I may try the vanta version as a single color foaming conditioner in SS.

The goal is the cars that get the slickest feel and highest gloss. A premium package might include shine on with vanta gloss in a curtain or foamer, sealed in with total shield or total shield extreme.
I would use the Shine On with Vantagloss as a replacement for Simoniz Hot Wax and the Total Shield Extreme as a replacement for CSI Lustrashield. I’d like to start getting my chems from one place.

washnshine

Reaction score
Total shield TF works as a SS wax and has a great grape smell.
Greg,
Do you like the TF version of the Total Shield for SS because it is less expensive? Would you go with the Extreme version in the automatic?