What's new

Putting Credit Card Payment Option in SS Bays in Canada

bigleo48

Reaction score
Fellow Canucks,

Do you accept CC in your SS Bays? If so what system and what's your experience with them?

I need to go with an external (from the coin box as the box is full) credit card box and considering the Unitec Wash Pay system as my IBA is a Wash Select II unit.

It's pricey at about $2k per bay, so I want to get a reasonable ROI.

Thanks in Advance...Big

Firewash

Reaction score
CC in bays

Call me at 503-260-8334 as we just did this at our wash!

bigleo48

Reaction score
Firewash,

But you are in the USA correct? If so then its different here. Our currency has $1 and $2 coins...so we're not dealing with quarters. So CC usage for SS bays is much lower and I am trying to figure out if its worh the $2K/bay expenditure.

Big

MEP001

Reaction score
Can you use something like the Etowah Valley credit card timers? If you have a Dixmor LED-5 or 7 in place now, it would be a bolt-in replacement. I don't know about their card reader, but maybe it could be mounted on the side of the box. You're talking about $700 US per bay.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Don't think so...it's also dialup :( Will check at show in Vegas.

MEP001

Reaction score
Yes, it's dial-up, but it's instant-on. The big downside to the way it works is that if the card comes up bad, the timer in count-down mode won't shut off, it just won't accept the card for another swipe. I don't know what it does in count-up.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
One of the things that is nice about the WashPay, is that it will keep track of all sales for any pay node connected to it. (cash,and CC)

You will program how much time to give per coin, and you can program with canadian currency. The credit card will be count up mode, and the cash side will still be count down mode.

Timed load from credit will bypass your current timer, and will go to your rotary switch. Cash will continue operate as it does currently, but the coin pulses will be sent to, and just "read" by the washpay system to keep track of money in.

Eric H

Reaction score
The big downside to the way it works is that if the card comes up bad, the timer in count-down mode won't shut off
It just shuts the bay off when it gets the decline. Usually about 20 seconds to process but, as you stated, bay starts as soon as the card is swiped.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
You can program the timer to process the card before it starts. I like it to come on instantly instead of the customer waiting for it to approve. It just shuts off if the card is declined.

Lighthouse

Eric H

Reaction score
I switched to count up Jan 1. I have not been near a bay when there has been a decline. On count down the timer would just shut off.