What's new

Push-in tubing fittings

MEP001

Reaction score
Has anyone found a push-in tubing fitting that lasts without leaking? I'm done with the brass ones that are fine, then one day you look at them wrong and they all start to leak. I've used the plastic John Guest which are pretty good, but I don't know how they hold up long term. I started using a compression fitting, but it's really difficult to tighten them enough without the tube spinning with the nut, not to mention using them in a tight space.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score

traveler17

Reaction score
I use nothing but the John Guest plastic push lock fittings. Nothin but good for me using them 👌

Allen

Reaction score
I've used them all over the years and haven't found anything better than John Guest fittings. I also use their tubing which
seems to last longer.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I believe SMC and PISCO are equals. Probably have at least 4-5,000 in use...every installation since 1990.
John Guest are good but SMC & PISCO have better variety. I especially like the elbows and wyes...they rotate! Double Double & Triple Double manifolds work great for foam brush and foam guns.

LLDPE tubing from John Guest or Freelin-Wade. I'm kinda partial to F-W because their 500' reels are half the diameter of JG...and the reels are plastic instead of cardboard so they take up less shelf/truck bed space and are so much easier to handle on my tubing "uncoiler".

BTW...did ya know? John Guest is now Sharkbite, which is now Watts.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use N11 tubing from Freelin-Wade, all black because it completely resists breaking down from UV. Mine is strung under the roof and the clear is getting really brittle even without direct sunlight. N11 handles 2.5 times the pressure of poly.

Nine years of life with the SMC fittings sounds pretty good. Mine are 20 years old now, most are not leaking, but in the last couple weeks every single one on the trifoam started leaking. That's what's most annoying, I haven't touched anything, suddenly purple stains on everything.