What's new

PURWATER reclaim

madstack

Reaction score
I'm considering purchasing one through Ziposhine. Does anyone have an experience with this product or the installer? Any other reclaims that should be looking at?

washnvac

Reaction score
I have one. Nothing but happy with it. I have the 60gpm with the 3 hp motor. It is feeding 2 Nu*Star cloth/foam automatics. Do not know Ziposhine.

mac

Reaction score
I'm not very intimate with Purwater. I've only been at one place here in Florida that had one. Looking at Purwater website, it looks like they use cyclonic separators for the "cleaning" process of the waste water. This process will remove solids that have not dropped out from gravity in the storage tanks. There seems to be a difference of opinion on the effectiveness of this process as to the size of particles that are removed. Obviously, the bigger the piece of dirt, the easier it is to spin it out. You need to look at the claims very closely, as they may not tell the whole story. For instance, say it removes pieces larget than 20 microns. That leaves a whole bunch of smaller ones that will erode all sorts of things. In a friction machine, where you don't have any high pressure pumps, this might be okay. And while these seperators will clean the water to some extent, I don't see what they do to control odor. If I'm missing something, someone please correct me. Odor control is definitely a major part of the equation in any reclaim, with all systems out there. When you get a period of a few days of rain, and no one is using the wash, the water sits in the tanks and goes septic. It stinks. I would ask any supplier of these systems to provide me with names of operators with similar conditions of equipment and geographical location so that you could talk to them. In fairnesof open disclosure, I sell the Catec system. Look around and ask. If the local supplier can't provide references, have him get names from the manufacturer. Of all the disappointing things that I see operators dealing with, reclaim is number one. Good luck.

washnvac

Reaction score
Just to clarify-- I have hp pumps on both of the Nu*Star machines. I also have ozone injection (12 g/hr). This takes care off any and all smells, and actually gives the water a "fresh" aroma.

Also, I have a timer on my machines that flush the lines with new reclaim water. So if machine is not used for 30 minutes, the flush runs for 3 minutes or so. Then repeats. This keeps anyone from getting that septic smell on the first wash, or after long periods of no use.

Is there more maintenance with reclaim? Absolutely! The water is gray, so walls and floors get dirtier and need to be cleaned more frequently. As for pump maintenance, I can not really say. I have had the system for 7 years, and have replaced valve o-rings and pump seals in one pump, one time. They are General T-81.

mac

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you've done the homework to make it function. Are the items you mentioned part of a normal Purclean system, or things you came up with?

madstack

Reaction score
A 5hp pump is supposed to circulate the water 24/7 to prevent odor. Now is usually the worst time for our water (smell and algae formation) and its not that bad presently so if it can prevent that I'd be happy.

washnvac

Reaction score
Are the items you mentioned part of a normal Purclean system, or things you came up with?
Purclean offers ozone, but I already had an ozone unit from an old Con-Serv. So I did not buy theirs, but incorporated the one I already had. The timer thing I came up with myself.

A 5hp pump is supposed to circulate the water 24/7 to prevent odor.

The unit does re-circ 24/7. The odor comes from that little bit of water sitting in lines in the equipment room; even short runs. The flush every 30 minutes prevents that odor.

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
I also recently bought purclean 60gpm and am very pleased with it. It lives up to all that was promised no smell no color. Free water ! With that being said if your suction line has any cracks or you have a bad check valve then you will have nothing but problems until you find and fix. I know first hand.

More wear and tear on equip but free water offsets the cost of repair for me. Good luck

BBE

Reaction score
Since this thread is about a year old, I'm assuming you guys have all had your systems in operation long enough to give an idea of the overall savings in your water/sewer bills. Care to share?

SSadmiral

Young buck
Reaction score
Mine is still going strong. No issues with water quality. It's loses prime occasionally but has a fresh water bypass when it shuts down so we're still running until I can clean the filter. I see the most savings in busy months I'd say it cut it by 2/3. I still think ill shut it off during summer so I don't have to do maintain it and I won't have to replace ozone cells as often.

I got some calls a couple days ago about 2.0 being down so I opened equipment room to find the reclaim line to cat had a hairline stress crack and was squirting unto a 110 outlet that shared a circuit with my wizard panel which tripped the breaker shutting down the unit.

mac

Reaction score
Over the years I've noticed what seems to be one of those unwritten rules on just how things work in life. This rule states that when a leak does occur, it will hit the most expensive thing within range.