What's new

Purified drinking water

chaz

Reaction score
I know “spot free” water is essentially “purified drinking water”. I know some operators have an RO feed to vend purified water....I do NOT vend drinking water. That said....I had a customer today pull into a bay, set the selection switch to spot free, open his trunk and fill several gallon jugs other with water. I was afraid to ask, so I didn’t! I’m ok using purified drinking water for spot free......not so sure I’d drink my spot free through my s/s wands!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
A lot of people use distilled or RO water to mix cleaning chemicals for increased effectiveness. Maybe that?

soonermajic

Reaction score
I know an owner who uses his RO water to make his ice. His ice is freaking crystal clear & rock hard. it also tastes great when it melts, or used in drinks. Must be something right about it...

MEP001

Reaction score
I use spot-free water to top off my vehicle batteries.

OurTown

Reaction score
I use spot-free water to top off my vehicle batteries
And you can use it for your radiators/cooling system.

soonermajic

Reaction score
and you can drink it

it really is supposed to be good for batteries

MEP001

Reaction score

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I have a respirator-humidifier that calls for distilled water. Good RO should qualify since the concern is calcification.

MEP001

Reaction score
Using a humidifier with hard water causes a buildup of calcium salts in the body tissues?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Using a humidifier with hard water causes a buildup of calcium salts in the body tissues?
Cough cough sneeze sneeze sore throat hack hack .... sorry I was a bit too quick on the description & not thorough enough on the specific item. There may be other similar steam inhaler items that also require distilled water ... not sure. Steam-inhaler would have been a better description ... ahh the english language challenges! Here is the specific item I invested in about 2 years ago ... rarely need it ... but I don't regret the purchase ... can't speak for everyone else though. https://www.mypurmist.com/mypurmist/hub

As far as health concerns from calcium-lime still in the water ... I was & still am thinking the distilled or extra pure RO? water would only help add to the life of the specific steam-inhaler &/or similar items. Considering the possibly intricate internal electric heating element against the specific water etc.

I know softened water does similar calcium-lime removal without the documented extra aggressiveness of RO or distilled so it is possible there is more to the story.

Do my fellow car washers who sell RO to take home market it as being pretty much equivalent of distilled ... just 2 different processes to achieve the same end result?