What's new

Purclean reclaim

washnvac

Reaction score
Yes, just placed it into service the first of February. So far--FANTASTIC! Like they say: minimal maintenance. Water quality so far seems superior to another system I have. The VFD with multiple inputs is great. I honestly am amazed at how well the system works with it size and small components. I am using it for two friction IBAs right now, and weep when cold. I am going to experiment soon with blending some in my self-serve soap cycle, but I want to throw that out on the forum first for any experiences that others may have.

DivineSuccess

Reaction score
I love my pur water reclaim system. Those guys in CA are great to work with. They helped me through set up and warranty issues with no problem. I use it in my tunnel and we're down to about 9 gal a car.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
We are generally satisfied with the performance of Pur Clean units. However, many of our customers are in red clay areas and have experienced problems with staining walls and equipment with the reclaim water. Has anyone else had this issue?

washnvac

Reaction score
I have some mild wall staining. I think that would be with any reclaim system. Anytime you are slinging grey water onto the walls, it has to leave some kind of mark. We try to clean walls once a week with a mild degreaser. This helps between acid washes, which I do about every 6 months. I thought about trying to rig up some fresh water nozzles to clean the walls on the last pass, but that kind of defeats the purpose of saving water.

washnvac

Reaction score
My system is 60 gpm. It is 5' high by 4' wide by 16" depth. This is without the ozone mounted on top. I wall mounted the ozone system, because my unit sits under my elevated wash water heater. I used an 12g ozone system from an old Con-Serv unit I took out of service. The unit installed was about $17k. I think their ozone system was about $9k extra. I could not see buying a new one, when my old one worked fine.

washnvac

Reaction score
With the condition of local and state governments (being flat broke, that is), I would not count on any grants. The technology seems to be pretty good right now, so as an operator I feel it is just the right thing to do. Yes, you have to put up with the increased frequency of wall and equipment cleaning, but I have just made it standard operating procedures.

Etowah