What's new

Pur clean ro system question

Reaction score
Is yours not fully closing on shutdown? Thats what mine has been doing and then flooding the dang equipment room. I dont use a lot of RO water so I turn the system off once its full and refill it whenever my storage gets below half. Its a pain and want to get my valves fixed too.

traveler17

Reaction score
Is yours not fully closing on shutdown? Thats what mine has been doing and then flooding the dang equipment room. I dont use a lot of RO water so I turn the system off once its full and refill it whenever my storage gets below half. Its a pain and want to get my valves fixed too.
I took apart both valves today “just to look”. The 2nd one I took apart was the flush valve. When I did I found what looked like 3 small little pebbles. Cleaned it out , put back together and it worked. Before doing that I had a constant flow of water running in the tank even w the unit off. When it did kick on water flow was terrible and couldn’t keep up. It’s easy to take apart , I’d try that first. I started shopping these valves and they are ridiculously high

MEP001

Reaction score
Keep an eye on eBay, I found one of the two for $130, but it was sold out. Wouldn't hurt to contact GC direct, companies that use unusual parts like those tend to have a ridiculous markup for no good reason. D&S and Belanger sell the prox switches and photo eyes for more than double the price for the exact same thing from Mouser.

traveler17

Reaction score
Keep an eye on eBay, I found one of the two for $130, but it was sold out. Wouldn't hurt to contact GC direct, companies that use unusual parts like those tend to have a ridiculous markup for no good reason. D&S and Belanger sell the prox switches and photo eyes for more than double the price for the exact same thing from Mouser.
You’re right, it’s ridiculous. Sonars , proxes , cables etc.. I outsource every part I can find that’s not proprietary. Mark vii tried to sell me a $270 ro membrane for $700!!

MEP001

Reaction score
They wanted $370 for a Parker solenoid I can get for $160, ended up using a DEMA that does the same thing for $70.

If I were to buy an IBA unit, I'd track down that guy who does the X-Stream because there are no proprietary components. Belanger uses a standard gearbox, but they have it made with a minor change and with an agreement that the manufacturer will not sell it except direct to them.

traveler17

Reaction score
They wanted $370 for a Parker solenoid I can get for $160, ended up using a DEMA that does the same thing for $70.

If I were to buy an IBA unit, I'd track down that guy who does the X-Stream because there are no proprietary components. Belanger uses a standard gearbox, but they have it made with a minor change and with an agreement that the manufacturer will not sell it except direct to them.
Yep, I still have a vector at a
Site and tried hard to get gearbox(es) and sonars early on til I learned real quick I couldn’t.