What's new

Pump Pulsating

Noob

Reaction score
I hoping you guys could be diagnose why my pumps are pulsating when you first activate them? Once they fully get going they are fine. Sometimes they don't do it at all. It only takes a few seconds to clear out. It seems that the problem is more prominent when the wash is slower, for instance when we have several consecutive rainy days. Is this a concern?
View attachment IMG_0908.MOV

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
#1 possibility...Boom swivel seal may be leaking when not under pressure. Sometimes the swivel's seal relaxes when the bay is idle. This allows air to enter the bay hose. Turning on the pump pushes the air out and causes the whoosh and sputter.

mac

Reaction score
It's never good for a pump to pulse. Do all bays do this or just one or two? Pulsing is normally caused by air sucked in the inlet, or a stuck or worn valve. If it goes away after a bit it's not a valve issue. I have seen rare cases where when a low pressure function is used that some air can get back into the water supply tank. It does this going backwards through the pump. It will usually go away quickly.

Scottys

Reaction score
I fought with this problem for over a week on 2 self serve bays. One ended up being a filter on the main water input to pump line and the other which was a real challenge was the one way brass valve on the weep that goes into the main pressure. Had it happen on another and ended up being air leak from Soap.

Noob

Reaction score
I still haven't taken the time to investigate and find the problem. Since I posted this the other day I have no more issues. Im sure air is getting in the line somewhere but it must be only getting in in very small amounts. Kinda strange that I haven't had a repeat issue occur.

mcarter1990

Reaction score
I have this issue. When I use the high pressure side my wand pulses. Is there a quick solution to the issue? IE: Bleed a line?

ShinePro

Reaction score
if its pulsing all the time-
How old is your pump?

When I have a pulsing pump -
I have CAT 310’s
Its usually 1 of 2 things

1) pressure regulator is going bad
Or
2) the o rings and plastic pieces on the valves in the pump head are deteriorated

mcarter1990

Reaction score
So I looked things over yesterday. My pump is running fine. But there is a small hose that was loose and I pushed it up and secured it. But I still have issue. Is there a air in the line? I have added Picture of my pump. IMG_1075.jpg