What's new

Pulling the trigger on Petit

APW

Reaction score
Last week I visited the factory and several sites and I was very impressed. You can tell they put a lot of thought into their machines and the quality is to notch. I also like the fact that they can wash up to 8' tall vehicles and do it so fast. If any one has any questions or wants some pictures let me know.

RSmith

Reaction score
Also more than likely going Petit. We recently drove a few hours to try one first hand and were impressed with the wash experience. It left a few bugs, but it cleaned well. (bugs had also been on there over a month before the was as we were out of state helping a relative). I have a clear protective film on my car and it cleaned the edges of it well without peeling.

FC9D783C-0FED-4232-BEE7-40C0A98BD999.jpeg

Last edited:

SuperShine

Reaction score
Also more than likely going Petit. We recently drove a few hours to try one first hand and were impressed with the wash experience. It left a few bugs, but it cleaned well. (bugs had also been on there over a month before the was as we were out of state helping a relative). I have a clear protective film on my car and it cleaned the edges of it well without peeling.

View attachment 3221
Any other Petit pics RSmith? What is the name of this wash? I thought all Pettit washes had to have doors? I don’t see any at this wash.
thanks

RSmith

Reaction score
Any other Petit pics RSmith? What is the name of this wash? I thought all Pettit washes had to have doors? I don’t see any at this wash.
thanks
I only have this out of focus shot entering the wash bay. It was Clifton Carwash, not sure if the owner would want me to go into too many details, but he was a super helpful guy. The Petit install was a retrofit into an older, smaller bay. It was only a single pump (sounds like it will be dual pump soon). I will be making a trip to Corpus Christi within the next two weeks to see a dual pump Petit set-up, and will take more photos and a video. Also, I haven’t heard that about the doors, and my distributor didn’t mention it or add it to my quote so it may be a regional thing.

Attachments

OurTown

Reaction score
The Corpus Christi Petit location is this wash https://downtowncarwashclub.com/ he even has a video of the entire wash process.

That is an odd building to use as a car wash and looks complicated to get into and out of. It looks like it is a club membership only and they encourage you to go there every day to get your maintenance wash. Basically they don't want you to bring your car dirty. They are likely not telling the truth about friction washes because they are referring to the old monofilament brushes. Are there any of those left?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
That is an odd building to use as a car wash and looks complicated to get into and out of. It looks like it is a club membership only and they encourage you to go there every day to get your maintenance wash. Basically they don't want you to bring your car dirty. They are likely not telling the truth about friction washes because they are referring to the old monofilament brushes. Are there any of those left?
The verbiage in their FAQ section is less than desirable IMHO. I'm just going to market my dual Petits as : " Stop taking your expensive vehicle to friction washes that damage your finish!" :D

OurTown

Reaction score
The verbiage in their FAQ section is less than desirable IMHO. I'm just going to market my dual Petits as : " Stop taking your expensive vehicle to friction washes that damage your finish!" :D

You might consider putting "might" between "that" and "damage".

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would leave claims like that out of your ads. It just enforces a negative stereotype that hurts the car wash industry as a whole. Who are you to say that friction washes damage vehicles? Any wash process has the potential for vehicle damage if things go wrong ( including self-serve). I run touch free, but I would never ever put statements like that in an ad. You should find a way to promote your own process without bashing the competitors.

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
I used to work in Corpus Christi very close to that building. It's an old drive-up bank area and parking garage. I saw where this wash was going in, but never followed it or kept track of it. I can't imagine you can get a decent wash in 3 minutes and there's only one wash package. And regarding friction washes, the new foam brushes will never scratch a car. I'll stick with my Profile and upcoming Razor.

AnalyticWash

Reaction score
I would leave claims like that out of your ads. It just enforces a negative stereotype that hurts the car wash industry as a whole. Who are you to say that friction washes damage vehicles? Any wash process has the potential for vehicle damage if things go wrong ( including self-serve). I run touch free, but I would never ever put statements like that in an ad. You should find a way to promote your own process without bashing the competitors.

I agree that any wash has the potential to damage a vehicle. Friction just has a much higher probability. I have both Friction and TF, which one do you think I pay out more (all) damage claims on?

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
We've had only one person "try" to make a claim for scratches caused by our Profile. After showing the customer the video of her wash, both she and her husband realized it could not have been caused by the soft foam brushes on the Profile. It obviously happened in the parking lot where she worked and were already on the car when she drove through the wash.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Getting back on topic it seems like there is a compromise in cleaning any time you speed any wash up too much. These Petits are fast for maintenance washing and the club idea is very interesting with a super high volume IBA.

OurTown

Reaction score
Getting back on topic it seems like there is a compromise in cleaning any time you speed any wash up too much. These Petits are fast for maintenance washing and the club idea is very interesting with a super high volume IBA.

Having the double pump setup is where I think this machine has a speed advantage without wash quality compromise.