What's new

Public phone number displayed at facility for if any concerns

Good Moody

Reaction score
Can someone please recommend a company that provides a contact phone number for the public that I would then receive a text message with that persons needs at my self serve/automated bay facility, to avoid providing my personal phone number to the public.
Thank You!
Eric

MEP001

Reaction score
Google Voice. It's free, you can have the calls forwarded to a cell phone and have it display either the caller's number or your Google Voice number, you can receive both texts and voicemails via your email, you can add the app to your phone and call people back from the number so you won't give out your personal cell number. I switched a few months back from a Tracfone and it's better by leaps and bounds.

Rudy

Reaction score
I use OOMA as my land line, and they have something similar. When a customer calls and leaves a message, I get an immediate text. I can often call them back before they leave the car wash. I have a reset program on my phone for my automatic machine. I can reset the machine and key in a new car wash remotely. This setup has saved me numerous trips to the car wash, and the customer is happy......

jubalr

Reaction score
The # at the wash forwards directly to my cell and I answer it. I want to talk to them while they are there. I can reset or put any any wash package from my phone to get them going. I hate when a customer does not have a positive experience, so I want to talk to them. I get an average of 3-4 calls a week.

OurTown

Reaction score
We use Grasshopper for our landline at the wash. It forwards it my cell. We have it set up so the caller has to press 1 for customer service and 2 for all other calls. When I answer it tells me which option they pressed and if it's one I answer. If it's 2 I let it go to voicemail. It's a nice filter. I can call back or text them and the customer only sees the landline number. We had an existing established landline and that's one of the reasons we went this direction. The number was able to be ported over to Grasshopper. The one thing I'm not real fond of is the app that you have to use. Sometimes it doesn't do exactly what it's supposed to do. For example sometimes when someone calls in it doesn't come in through the app and I can't tell the number they are calling from. I have not made the time to get with Grasshopper to see if that can be resolved.

OurTown

Reaction score
Is there a cost for OOMA or Grasshopper?

Yes on Grasshopper. There are many tiers and the one we have is on the lower end and I'm thinking it is around $300 a year.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just post my cell phone number at the wash. It's no big deal, in my opinion. I rarely if ever get any calls maybe because we are here on a daily basis and it's not hard for customers to speak with an employee if they have any issues.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Is there a cost for OOMA or Grasshopper?
My friend Eric H & Good Moody,

I have 2 phone numbers on OOMA ... also another phone # on TextNow. Neither have to be on a paid subscription. I did spring for the $99 yearly subscription for each of my two OOMA TELOS ... because I felt the extra features were worth it to my specific facility.

OOMA TELO does require you to buy the <$100 base units that are hooked up to Ethernet-Internet. I have had good experience with their motion sensor ... they also mate other sensors ... it is a nifty reliable wireless connection to their specific senssors. I like the GEOFENCING ability ... so as to make is so the Smart Security Phone App will not trigger if the phone carrier is within whatever you designate as the GEOFENCE RADIUS.

Their support is decent IMHO ... compared to a lot of "fly by night" choices!

I hope this helps!

Roz

Reaction score
GoDaddy Second Line. $4.99/month and I have a transcript and log of all calls. When you return a call via Second Line it uses a different number than your cell number.

slash007

Reaction score
I 2nd Google Voice. It's free and works amazing. Call and text customers from the Google #. When they call you, you know it's coming from the car wash. Can't be beat.

bigjws

Reaction score
I'll 3rd Google voice. Works great at my big wash .. you can only have one # per email, though, so I use the Hushed app at my other washes (I like know which was the call is coming from). It works well also, not quite as many perks as Google, but works well and is also free.