What's new

Public hangings

mac

Reaction score
Saw the story about the punk who shot a bunch of kids. We will never stop idiots from being idiots. We can however do something to reduce this. Used to be when an idiot did this he was hanged in public. Big crowds gathered to watch this. Everyone saw how to deal with it. Set the noose snug and keep the line short so the perp would suffer a slow death. Even the perps would understand this.

JJJakubowski

Reaction score
Hmmm, I dunno, Mac. Once upon a time in the West, public hangings were like a festival. Folks from all around would come into town to see the "guest of honor" — dis-honor — "swing". Besides the "good folks", these public hanging carnivals would attract street vendors, snake oil sellers, and, of course, lotsa pickpockets. The "swingee" was given an opportunity for "last words" ... sometimes quite eloquent and dramatic — all part of the show. Flash forward to our time ----

Nowadaze, being the center of attention ... being FAMOUS or INfamous — "getting clicks" — is a HUGE motivator for so many of these pathetic, sick, twisted, attention starved losers. Soooo, I'd bet being the "star" attraction at a PUBLICIZED PUBLIC hanging would be THE way to go for a lot of them ... if given a choice. There are plenty of alternatives that would better serve our primal need for JUSTICE ... options I'd prefer not to dwell upon.

OurTown

Reaction score
I don't like more laws but if we had one that makes it illegal to say the person's real name on the news then it might steal their fame. They could even use a fake name that really shames them. Also if they feel the need to show the video then put some stupid looking meme over their face to add more shame. To prevent this from happening again train and arm as many willing staff members of schools. Get rid of ALL gun free zones. If a place says that I cannot carry a gun into it then they better be protecting me. (and all the helpless children) I know Ohio's laws and so I carry everywhere that is not a felony charge for doing so. Signs mean nothing to criminals.

Dixievixen89

Reaction score
Saw the story about the punk who shot a bunch of kids. We will never stop idiots from being idiots. We can however do something to reduce this. Used to be when an idiot did this he was hanged in public. Big crowds gathered to watch this. Everyone saw how to deal with it. Set the noose snug and keep the line short so the perp would suffer a slow death. Even the perps would understand this.
We think alot alike. I whole heartedly agree.
Hang them and leave them for the buzzards