What's new

Promotion Ideas

GALESBURG LASER

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas to share on promotions they have tryed. We have 7 washs,all with automatics and self serve bays.We currently offer 30 tokens for $25.00. Also we have a ladies day and mens day offering 1$ off automatics.Any other suggestions?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Seniors day, after hours discounts, coupons in newspaper/online/valpak.

MEP001

Reaction score
Also coupons on the back of nearby grocery store receipts.

dax_festival

Reaction score
Mep, could you elaborate on the grocery receipt coupons if you've tried it? I've thought about trying that. We have 10 car washes in the area, some with major grocery stores near them. I've heard both good and bad things. How has it worked for you?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never tried it, but I've heard from others that it works well for the low cost. My thought on the matter would be that the grocery store with the coupon would need to be near the wash advertised. I don't think the nearest grocery would let us advertise on their receipts since they have their own touchless auto in front of their store.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
We use the back of the grocery register receipts coupons thru Dominicks and Jewel. Best return of any coupon. Offer is free sealer wax or $1.00 off any wash package.

CarWashProcessing

Reaction score
SMS Text marketing.

Let me run down a Scenario.

Customers pull up to your wash and see a sign that says "text wash to 74455 for our VIP list" once they text the customer gets an immediate reply with a coupon code for your choosing (1/2 price wash).

You will continue building your VIP list. At any time you can Text all of them on the list. if you are slow on Wednesday afternoons Text a special for Free xyz. etc....

Believe it or not it is much less than Val-pak or any form of print that I am aware of.

-Derrick

slash007

Reaction score
Mep, could you elaborate on the grocery receipt coupons if you've tried it? I've thought about trying that. We have 10 car washes in the area, some with major grocery stores near them. I've heard both good and bad things. How has it worked for you?
I advertised on the back of receipts of a large Kroger that is right across the street from the wash and so far the returns have been horrible. Started in Oct. of 2012 and so far maybe 30-40 people have use the coupon code which is for $2 off any wash package at the touch-free or soft-touch automatics.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Do you have a discount grocer?
My best results by far (4-1) compared to the Kroger types of grocery stores.

JustClean

Reaction score
SMS Text marketing.

Let me run down a Scenario.

Customers pull up to your wash and see a sign that says "text wash to 74455 for our VIP list" once they text the customer gets an immediate reply with a coupon code for your choosing (1/2 price wash).

You will continue building your VIP list. At any time you can Text all of them on the list. if you are slow on Wednesday afternoons Text a special for Free xyz. etc....

Believe it or not it is much less than Val-pak or any form of print that I am aware of.

-Derrick
I thought a while ago about putting out a sign whenever it rains that says "all washes half price - NOW". But text messaging sounds interesting.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I do half price deluxe auto wash on tuesday for everybody. it was too hard for my customers to remember when ladies/seniors/days were.

Half off is big, but it drives biz on my slowest (formerly) day and it gets folks to try it out. Gotta be attended for it to work, though. 'Try us out Tuesday!!!"

We offer free towel dry station which is big with the customer. SERIOUSLY BIG.

We just got cryptopay, so customers can swipe the card and self-serve wash. That'll be big too, once I install it.

I heard something on NPR about restaurants doing a 'secret menu' that you have to ask for to access. That may apply to a carwash if you are the inventive type.

You could tie in something with a QR code that customers scan with a smartphone to access a discount or promo.