What's new

Programming Laserwash M5 undercarriage after presoaks

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
Hopefully next month we will be re-installing two PDQ M5's that were removed last year from one of our busy sites into one of our other locations. I want to run the underbody while the car is soaking after the two presoak passes like we do in our Razor and Petit washes. It's been too long since I looked at the M5 programming screen and I don't have access to it currently. Is that possible to do in the programming or will I have to bootleg it with relays and timers?

Thanks

koliver

PDQ Sales Engineer
Reaction score
If memory serves me correct, the M5 never had an option in the programming for an in place underbody. PDQ didn't start doing that until the LW360.

washnshine

Reaction score
If memory serves me correct, the M5 never had an option in the programming for an in place underbody. PDQ didn't start doing that until the LW360.
I’ve never even seen an in place underbody on a PDQ machine. Does PDQ actually make one for the 360 as an option to the drive over, or did they do that programming option for you to use an in place manifold from a third party?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I just looked, it is in the latest version on the M5. What would the purpose of this be?
Having an in-place UBF leaves the car's surface dry for your presoaks to theoretically work better by not getting diluted. It also makes it easier for the customer to see while pulling in and prevents your entrance door and tracks from getting soaked. If you've never had a drive thru UBF the customers will accept it no problem, however, if switching from a drive thru to stationary a good portion of customers will perceive the UBF as not working.

washnshine

Reaction score
Having an in-place UBF leaves the car's surface dry for your presoaks to theoretically work better by not getting diluted. It also makes it easier for the customer to see while pulling in and prevents your entrance door and tracks from getting soaked. If you've never had a drive thru UBF the customers will accept it no problem, however, if switching from a drive thru to stationary a good portion of customers will perceive the UBF as not working.
Thanks for the explanation. Do locations with a stationary UBF tend to not have the wheel/rocker spray manifolds? They seem to have a similar effect as the drive through UBF, I’m terms of pre wetting the car, misting the windows etc.

STXCW

Reaction score
Why not remove the side blasters and only use the bottom manifold? The new manifolds have extra spaces for nozzles or just increase the nozzle size to compensate for removing the other 8 nozzles. If you don't have it already, you can also add a water saver valve and decrease the pressure on the undercarriage. Use the undercarriage signal to activate it since I don't think you have the option to run water saver on the undercarriage through the programming.

Jsobi

Reaction score
In our experience, sending that much water into the bottom of a engine can result in stalling out the car. Maybe things have improved for that tho.

STXCW

Reaction score
In our experience, sending that much water into the bottom of a engine can result in stalling out the car. Maybe things have improved for that tho.
That's why I brought up the water saver option so you can reduce the pressure and volume of water.