What's new

Profile top brush belt

DPD36

Reaction score
Some folks have mentioned the belt breaking on the WW Profile top brush. I had a belt break a year or so back. Thankfully it was before the brush was over the car, so no damage to the vehicle. My belt broke at the bottom where it attaches to the motor/top brush shaft. I made a safety strap to keep the brush from falling onto a car. If it breaks again at the attachment point this should keep the shaft from falling and provide enough slack to shut down the wash since the brush will be out of level.

Attachments

JustClean

Reaction score
Some folks have mentioned the belt breaking on the WW Profile top brush. I had a belt break a year or so back. Thankfully it was before the brush was over the car, so no damage to the vehicle. My belt broke at the bottom where it attaches to the motor/top brush shaft. I made a safety strap to keep the brush from falling onto a car. If it breaks again at the attachment point this should keep the shaft from falling and provide enough slack to shut down the wash since the brush will be out of level.
I don't believe what I am seeing here!
Is that the original design where two bolts go through the belt creating a weak spot? Who designed this BS?
Is it at least a belt with steel inside? Wow! I presume the belt broke where the bolts are?
This is how Washtec does it. There is a loose bolt sitting in the loop of the steel reinforced belt. It is held in place by two stainless plates.
I am considering buying a WW Profile because I was impressed with the simplicity of my Razor and hate the over-engineered German design. But this is not good. Definitely room for improvement!

This would be the first thing I'd change. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a Profile due to my location but I hope there are no other design issues...:oops:

Attachments