What's new

Procon PPCB2607AV pump

Kevin James

Reaction score
We had a Procon pump fail yesterday that was used on one of our Presoak systems. Are these pumps worth having them rebuilt or should we toss it? The pump is stamped with a date of 1996 on the body.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I am not aware that they can be rebuilt. Make sure when you install the new one that it is completely primed before starting it up. It takes about 2 seconds to fry these when they run dry.

washnvac

Reaction score
Yes, they are definitely worth rebuilding. Edco Distributing in California rebuilds them. For $90 you will have a brand new pump. ($120 if the rotor has to be replaced) That pump new is $245 from Kleen-Rite.

I keep back ups of all my Procons. At my busiest stores, I just swap them out every 2 years, and send them off for rebuild. It is good pm to keep me from having an issue when it is always most inconvenient--you know Friday night or Saturday morning. At the slower places I swap out at 3 years.

http://www.edcodistributing.com/pcpumps.php

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Good to know. I've thrown at least 4 or 5 of these out after they locked up. Next time I'll send out for rebuild.

Randy

Reaction score
I lost a brass Procon 2507 pump the other day, it was a fairly new pump only been in service since 1996 on the presoak system. John at EDCO quoted me $75 to repair it and another $50 if the Rotor had to be replaced. The same pump from KR is $134.93. I also have a stainless steel 105B240R31XX that he quoted me $90 to repair and another $50 if the Rotor needs to be replaced, I might send that one in. It’s a $249.28 from KR.

washnvac

Reaction score
Randy-- I agree. The small pumps are not worth the rebuild. Just the series 4 and 5 with 1/2 inch ports are. I should have clarified. When I need the small pumps I usually check eBay. Sometimes you can pick up new ones there for $75-90.

Micah Savell

***** member since 2001
Reaction score
We had a Procon pump fail yesterday that was used on one of our Presoak systems. Are these pumps worth having them rebuilt or should we toss it? The pump is stamped with a date of 1996 on the body.
Buy your next ProCon from Grainger and purchase their "replacement warranty". It has saved me a bundle.
[/RIGHT]

Micah Savell

***** member since 2001
Reaction score
Check with Grainger under their "Repair or Replacement" program. I think it is good for a year but I think you can even get it for a longer time for a fee? Sorry I don't remember all the details but I am sure it is probably posted on their web site.

washnvac

Reaction score
The Grainger pump is $302 + $76 for the warranty for gives you an additional 2 years past the mfg 1 year. Then the replacement is good one time. I have used it on their other motors. So the KR pump cost is $246. Typically it may or may not fail within 3 years, so if it does the repair is $105 with shipping. Still better to use KR, then send out for repair if needed. (In my opinion)

buda

Reaction score
Dultmeier has good prices on pumps and great service, talk to Mike Hansen.