What's new

Procon inferior quality new pumps

HCW

Reaction score
We purchased a new procon pump to replace an older one (Procon Pump Series 6 106N480F11XX Bolt-On Pump 480GPH). 6 months later it developed a major leak internally, we had to purchase another one to replace it and decided to pay shipping and send the 6 month old pump to procon for an evaluation. I guess they described the leak as " mechanical shaft seal" failure , and you guessed it  NOT UNDER WARRANTY! They suggested that it possibly froze and or was over pressurized and or........... The pump feeds the IBA with spotfree and is inside the utility room so no freeze and it flows 150gpm @90psi. It is a 15 year old set up. $600 down the toilet(pump+shipping) kleen rite didn't give a hoot about the problem, they are there just to collect their cut $$$$ on products not for customer support ��

I was wondering if anyone else have had a bad experience with either kleen rite or Pro CONS 
Also, a recommendation for a substitute pumps in the future?

Thanks

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
Was the cover on the front of the pump bulged? They will not warranty a pump if it is because that shows it's been over-pressurized.

washnvac

Reaction score
Get that old pump back and send it to EDCO Distributing for a rebuild. All those pumps can be rebuilt for around 1/2 of new one. And it will give you a spare.

HCW

Reaction score
No signs of cosmetic defects on the exterior still looked brand new MEP. I'd rather go with a different pumps when one of our pro cons fail wash n vac