What's new

Problems with PDQ G5 HP Pump Drive

stud

Reaction score
Is anyone experincing problems with G5 pump drives? I have a site were the pump drive would not start the pump. I tried multiple drives from PDQ and it would still not start the pump. The pump would stay in the stop mode. I ended up installing an older drive from a used machine I had and it worked. The only difference I can see in these drives is the amount of paramiters (new drive as 99, old drive has 70).

Mike

Reaction score
Depending on machine age you need to change some parameters. (If machine was not updated with new system stop relays)
Call PDQ tech support to confirm if the machine has old style system stop or newer style and we can also tell you which parameter needs to be changed from factory (needs to be changed from our current factory settings list)
This may be why the older drive worked. If it was set up for older machine.

Last edited:

stud

Reaction score
Mike,

Thanks for the info. Is it possible to tell me what paramiter(s) needs to be changed if the machine has not been updated?

Mike

Reaction score
I am on the road this week and do not have the documentation with me. But if you call PDQ tech support and ask they will be able to provide it. Or wait till next week and I will be in house answering phones, give me a call I should be in from 7-3 central time Mon - Fri.