What's new

Problems with Flojet G57 Pumps

copperglobe

Reaction score
Anyone else out there having problems with Flojet G57 pumps? Our most recent two pumps don't work. One lasted about a month before it quit pumping and the newest one, right out of the box, pumps but no flow. I've talked to another wash owner and he has experienced the same thing with their newest purchases. I sure hope Flojet hasn't gone cheap. We've had great results with Flojets for years and years but now we can't get one to work right. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Wally

Reaction score
With the one that pumps but no flow, cut the air off to the pump, drop the outlet line and then turn the air on and see if any flow occurs. I've had this happen before. It seems to be an air lock or something.

washnvac

Reaction score
Copperglobe: do a thread search on: flojet; then visit the post that says methanol pump. This issue is discussed there. Bottom line is yes there is an issue---they are now made in Mexico. Remember warranty is 16 months from production. Send them back.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I am not trying to jack the thread but....has anyone had their flojets freeze up? I just switched it out and let it though out, is it junk now? Is there something I can do to fix it or what?

Plow Guy

Reaction score
My Foam brush IR ARO just quit, With the current problems should I switch or stay with IR ? Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
I just installed my back-up FloJet the other day, and noticed that it's made in the USA. I ordered it about six months ago. Hopefully the new spare coming will not be made in Mexico like I keep hearing the problematic ones are coming from.

The pump I replaced was over five years old and pumping a very high pH presoak, and was only a santoprene model.

copperglobe

Reaction score
The two most recent, newest ones that I've got here that I've had problems with right out of the box are "made in China". I hate it when companies go cheap and don't watch quality. Flojet pumps were great pumps for years. Now what?

washnvac

Reaction score
First Mexico; now China. Wonderful!! Like I said, send them back under warranty (16 months from production). They will get the message soon. I have not paid for a flo-jet in three years- all warrantied.

washnvac

Reaction score
Send them back to your vendor. If it is Kleen-Rite, I have had no problems with them--just call them to get an RMA#. The production date is in the first part of the serial number. It has an 07 or 08 (year) with a single letter. The letter equals the month. A=January, B= February and so on.

MEP001

Reaction score
All the pumps say "Made in China" on the back of the housing because that's where the housings are made. The problematic ones seem to be assembled in Mexico and say so on the silver label on top.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
All the pumps say "Made in China" on the back of the housing because that's where the housings are made. The problematic ones seem to be assembled in Mexico and say so on the silver label on top.

Mep, I changed out a viton flojet on my whitewall system Sunday afternoon that had been on right at 3 years. That particular pump had made in USA on the silver label on top, the one I replaced it with (which is also a viton) says made in China on the silver label. I checked the other 4 that I have on the shelf and they all say made in China on the label. Have you had any problems with these particular pumps?

Last edited:

MEP001

Reaction score
I haven't seen one that says "Made in China" on the top label at all. I was only posting for clarification in case anyone was looking at the back of the pump.

copperglobe

Reaction score
On the two that I've had problems with there is a "made in China" molded into the bottom of the pump and also on the silver label. There is no mention of Mexico anywhere on the black plastic nor the silver label. According to the serial number, and the dates of manufacture explained earlier in this post, my two were made in August of 2008. I'm sending them both back as neither works.

Randy

Reaction score
I found the web site for the ITT Flojet pump. I think everyone should start calling there factory number or send an E-mail to them stating that there product has gone done hill. I couldn?t find a 1-800 customer service number.

USA ? East Coast
1 Kondelin Road, Cape Ann Industrial Park, Gloucester, MA 01930
Ph. #1-978-281-0440

USA ? West Coast
666 E. Dyer Road, Santa Ana, CA 92705
Ph. # 1714-557-4700

Here?s link to the contact/enquiry page to send them a message.
www.flojet.com/scripts/enquiry.htm