What's new

Problem with Ginsan credit card system

RainTree

Reaction score
After rebuilding my car wash after a fire in 2008 I had Ginsan self serve equipment installed. I also had the Ginsan credit card system put in unfortunately. After working fine for 6 months I started having problems with acceptance with certain cards. It turned out the National City Bank a local regional bank was bought by PNC Bank a large national bank. They reissued cards to their customers and these new cards would display the person's name and then immediately show "Authorization Failed". Some customers still had the old cards issued by National City and they still worked while their new cards would not. The new card's information was not being sent out of the car wash (I verified this with the card processor, NPC) and this left the problem being in the Ginsan equipment, the Ginsan controller software running on the PC or the PcCharge processor software. Cards could be entered manually in the PcCharge program and worked fine but would fail when they were scanned in with the Ginsan equip. As time went on, more people got new cards and more and more cards quit working. At this point about half of the cards in this area do not work. Ginsan has done next to nothing. They claim their test systems do not have this problem. I sent cards that did not work in my system to them to test. After a couple of months of trying to get a reply they said those cards worked fine. That has been alot of the problem with Ginsan, they DO NOT call back, ever. You have to keep calling them back to try to get a reply. I met with them at the ICS show this year and I thought they were finally going to do something, but nothing has come of it. I cannot believe I am the only person having this problem. I have been patient Doug,my god its been 2 1/2 years! I even offered to fly them in to look at my system but they said they did not think that was necessary. Anyone else out there using the Ginsan system? I could use some help and I can see its not going to come from Ginsan. I hate to have to switch to a new system after all I paid for this system. What a waste of money for what I paid Ginsan. Anyway, my computer running the software is up to date (win XP pro) and PcCharge is setup correctly (I've even had their tech people verify all the settings) and yes the exp date is set at 2030 to be safe. The system has checked as compliant. I even tried 2 new readers plugged into the Ginsan equipment but same result. Anyone having the same issues or have any suggestions?

carwash27

Reaction score
i installed the ginsan credit card system for s/s bays almost 3 years ago. i, also, had the same problems that you are experiencing. i trouble shot everything, called merchant service provider time and time again. i called pccharge tech support , i lost track of the times. i bought new card readers. EVERYTHING i could think of. plus numerous calls to GINSAN, updated softwareremoved xp support updates, etc. I have finally disconnected the entire system because of the saying "Authorization Failed' and too many calls from customers wondering why it was broke all the time and customers wanting to make sure that their credit cards were not charged.

Ginsan tech support was always helpful but problem could not be solved and i have given up on the system.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
John(Raintree)

I discussed this with my engineer. He has not received any feedback from you regarding the new reader he sent you a few months back. I checked my email/voicemail records and I have not received a response to the email I sent the first of September regarding the new readers you were sent.

If either of you would like to discuss this I can be be contacted from 9am to 6pm EST Monday through Friday. My direct line is 1-616-735-5608. John, I believe you also have our Electronics Engineer's number.

RainTree

Reaction score
I'd still like to hear from anyone else out there that has had any experience with the Ginsan credit card system. Dan, you best check your records again. I talked to Mike at Ginsan ( 616 735 5616) on 6/21/2011 1:01 PM EST (I have a recording of this conservation if you would like to hear it). I discussed the fact that neither your reader or one that I got made any difference. I was supposed to hear back from someone, that never happened, it’s been 4 months. I offered to fly someone in but he said that would not help until they knew what the problem was. If it was my problem it would seem coming out and looking at it would be the thing to do, so obviously you know it’s your problem. Like the post above, I'm to the point it would be better to disconnect it then to continue making customers mad. I’m tired of constantly answering the phone to explain what is wrong with the credit card system. Having customers suffer the same problems over and over and over again is ridiculous and it is hurting the reputation of my car wash. I just want the system to work, is that asking too much?

RainTree

Reaction score
By the way Dan, you might check that you haven't lost my Debit card which I gave you at the ICS show so you could check your "test system".

Reaction score
We have 10-12 of the ginsan credit card systems out there with 0 problems other than a bad card reader and 1 bad ccdc that ginsan replaced. If you think you have a problem with your equipment i would be happy to test any of your equipment at our company wash. It sounds like more of an internet or router / switch problem.

RainTree

Reaction score
Thank you for the offer, and yes I would like to talk to you about that. I'd be interested to know the age of your systems and the version numbers on the hardware and software. I would like to note that overall around half of the cards still work. Plus you can take the new card on the same account and it will not work, but the older one will until its expire date is up. We tested this on many customers cards. I also had the president at two different banks (PNC Bank and Community Trust Bank) loan me their new and old card, same thing. The other problem is that the information does not even get to PcCharge, there is no record of the card being rejected anywhere.
You can swipe a new card that does not work and then scan an old one right behind it and the old one will work. I really don't see anyway it could be network or internet related. Internet/network problems would not just discriminate against one particular type of card, it would be random among all cards. That said, thank you and I would appreciate any input.

Reaction score
Thank you for the offer, and yes I would like to talk to you about that. I'd be interested to know the age of your systems and the version numbers on the hardware and software. I would like to note that overall around half of the cards still work. Plus you can take the new card on the same account and it will not work, but the older one will until its expire date is up. We tested this on many customers cards. I also had the president at two different banks (PNC Bank and Community Trust Bank) loan me their new and old card, same thing. The other problem is that the information does not even get to PcCharge, there is no record of the card being rejected anywhere.
You can swipe a new card that does not work and then scan an old one right behind it and the old one will work. I really don't see anyway it could be network or internet related. Internet/network problems would not just discriminate against one particular type of card, it would be random among all cards. That said, thank you and I would appreciate any input.
I have systems out that are about 4 years old to systems that are less than a year. What router do you have, Ginsan told me to switch to a netgear router and have fixed address for each ccdc, i will get you the model number i would start there first. If you have a new card that does not work in your system and you would like me to try it on my systems i think that would be a good start.

RainTree

Reaction score
Thanks for the response I appreciate it, I had to go out of town on business. Ginsan has all my test cards, when I get back I'll round up some cards to try. I've used Linksys and Netgear routers and the ccdc are setup with fixed IP's. The problem seems to be the info not getting past the computer running PcCharge at best. All the car wash equipment is hooked to a 16 port Netgear switch which is tied back into the router hooked to the internet. I have 2 different networks, one using DSL and one using cable, the car wash has been hooked to both at one time or the other with the same result. For what it's worth my Ginsan equipment was bought/built in the June/July 2008 time period which was also when they had their financial meltdown (despite personal assurances to me that it was "just rumors from the competition") and the bank took them over. Don't know if it's related, but personally I think perhaps it is. But I don't care, I just want it working. Thanks, I appreciate your help.

Progressive

Reaction score
Has any progress been made on this topic? I know its fairly old, but I too am having the same issues both with the equipment and gin san.

Thanks