What's new

Problem of water constantly running in ss bays.

slash007

Reaction score
Periodically the same thing happens to one of my bays. I disassemble the check valve and stretch the spring till it is 50% to 100% longer than original. Some times I have to do it twice to make it seal under low pressure. I’ve never had one fail to open because I stretched to spring too much.
I wouldn't mind trying that, but these check valves are all brand new and have only been in for just over 2 months. Did you ever have to do that when they were new, or just randomly afterwords?

MEP001

Reaction score
I quit using those check valves for the exact same problem you're having.

slash007

Reaction score

MEP001

Reaction score
The ones you have are probably the lowest there is. It's very easy to blow through them. The Fluid Controls can be blown through, but it's difficult. Others, like Parker with a 5 PSI cracking pressure, can't be blown through at all and probably won't work for what you want it for.

slash007

Reaction score
The ones you have are probably the lowest there is. It's very easy to blow through them. The Fluid Controls can be blown through, but it's difficult. Others, like Parker with a 5 PSI cracking pressure, can't be blown through at all and probably won't work for what you want it for.
Are you using the fluid control check valves for stopping a constant weep?

MEP001

Reaction score
No, but I'm pretty sure it will work. They definitely seat well with no pressure to force them closed.

pgrzes

Reaction score
a side not to this conversation. I am looking at purchasing a Coleman Super Saver plant. I am updating my facility. Aside from this issue how is your overall opinion of the Coleman plant? Would you recommend it? Any other issues or concerns? Feel free to PM or email me if not wanting to post.
Thanks in advance
Pete
pgrzes@comcast.net

slash007

Reaction score
I finally had time today and climbed into the attic to adjust the check valves. I opened up each one and stretched the spring. On some it worked on the first try, on one bay I had to stretch it twice and on a third I had to try a third time. Currently all check valves are holding up and not leaking during weep. Is it possible to have stretched the springs too much? One of them is almost double the original length. How will I know if there is a problem? Thanks.

Jim L.

Florida panhandle
Reaction score
Congrats! Sounds like you finally fixed your dripping problem. My experience says dripping may return in a bay or two. Now you know how to fix it.

slash007

Reaction score
Congrats! Sounds like you finally fixed your dripping problem. My experience says dripping may return in a bay or two. Now you know how to fix it.
Thanks to the tip on how to fix it:) Is it possible to stretch the springs too much?

packerscw

Reaction score
can one of you guys that have installed the check valve in your trough to fix this problem post a picture of the manifold that you have in the trough thanks