What's new

Probe style low water cutoff...

Twodose

Reaction score
Anyone use a probe style 24v low water cutoff on there boiler for the in bay hot water wash and rinse.

Taco makes a couple different model's but I'm not sure which to use.

The line on the boiler that the switch is located is 2".

I have been using the watts fs-10c paddle type and I can't get 2 months out of these new ones that are made in China.

I know your supposed to have about 20" on either side of the switch but I don't have that option.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
Anyone use a probe style 24v low water cutoff on there boiler for the in bay hot water wash and rinse.

Taco makes a couple different model's but I'm not sure which to use.

The line on the boiler that the switch is located is 2".

I have been using the watts fs-10c paddle type and I can't get 2 months out of these new ones that are made in China.

I know your supposed to have about 20" on either side of the switch but I don't have that option.
Would it not be better to use a flow switch on the hot water boiler ?

OH NO, I reread and forgot about flow switch you were already using with problems!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Twodose,

I don't know if they have improved their product any but we had three Honeywell electronic low water cutoffs for our boilers put in about 20 years ago & our experience was not good. They were expensive & they would go out just after the warranty was up. We went with the McDonnell Flow switches because we already had good experience with them.

We did have a one time event flow switch paddle break causing a major problem with the paddle plugging a hard to get at circulating pump. Our solution was to use the upper part of a spare paddle or two to beef up that part of the metal that broke. We verified with a Gerand Valve & Gerand Flow Meter that the valve was still functioning properly & within the proper range.