What's new

Private Equity in the Car Wash game…

soonermajic

Reaction score
Good article, yes.
Scary article for mom & pops everywhere, YES.

Reactions: sjb

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
It happened to grocery stores, hardware stores, appliance/electronic stores etc.
No, this is a little different. The Chains built supercenters for appliances, Hardware etc. Some Chains are doing this but others are concentrating on buying up the small operators. Also seems to be primarily for EE Tunnels.

washnshine

Reaction score
No, this is a little different. The Chains built supercenters for appliances, Hardware etc. Some Chains are doing this but others are concentrating on buying up the small operators. Also seems to be primarily for EE Tunnels.
True- very different scenario in the case of acquisitions, but I think what I was getting at is that end result will be the same, in that there will be a severe decline in mom and pop tunnel operators, as there were with other businesses.

Around me, the larger multiple site operators started opening several locations - like 15-30 sites. Now, those companies are getting bought out by even bigger, multi state companies that are gobbling up those 15 or so sites at once AND building more. These are companies that are at or approaching the 100 site count.