What's new

Pricing Mini tunnels

Texas

Reaction score
Hello, looking at building a mini tunnel. What brand is the best bang for your buck? Got quotes but now need to decide. Looking for a mid range, good quality and less expensive replacement parts. Motor city pricing was the highest and was told to stay away from Sonnys due to poor quality. Any opinions would be appreciated.

RobertAndre

Reaction score
Hello, My name is Robert Andre and I am with Sonny's, I also operate a high volume dual mini tunnel. Id love the opportunity to show you what we offer and address any quality concerns you may have. Please call me at 305-215-4904 or email me at Randre@sonnysdirect.com.

Thank you!

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
Hello, looking at building a mini tunnel. What brand is the best bang for your buck? Got quotes but now need to decide. Looking for a mid range, good quality and less expensive replacement parts. Motor city pricing was the highest and was told to stay away from Sonnys due to poor quality. Any opinions would be appreciated.
What area of TX are you in? North, Central, South?

CheetahExpress

Reaction score
I know that WET (Wash Equipment of Texas) is in that territory. They distribute PDQ/Belanger and Belanger does the tunnel equipment.

MEP001

Reaction score
Look up Palms Car Wash in Austin. They're a SS/mini tunnel. I don't know what their tunnel equipment is, but they're really busy and successful.

MC3033

Reaction score
I recommend Sonnys. Maintenance on the wraps is pretty common but they have the best wraps out there. Parts are also fair priced and equipment is simple/easy to work on.

Sonnys seemingly put a lot of time into engineering smaller footprint equipment so that’s a big plus for a mini tunnel.

While MC is expensive they have very controllable equipment. In the case of a mini tunnel you may be best off with Wraps that can get aggressive.

Maybe take a look at PECO as well, not sure on price

DavidM

Reaction score
If there was an easy answer you would already have found it. My advice is this, when someone gives you a recommendation, ask them which equipment they have direct, hands on experience with.
The salesmen have a bias, that is OK. Many operators have experience with one or two brands. Talk to as many people as you can and ask lots of questions.
My vote is Macneil. Maybe a little more expensive up front but will pay for itself over life of equipment. But I have little experience with others outside of visiting washes and talking with owners.

In addition to upfront cost, damage claims are worth looking at. Some equipment is designed in a way that minimizes damage. Ask operators about antennas and rear wipers. Ask how often. They use retracts.

Hope some of this is helpful, Good luck!

David