What's new

Prices on new touchfrees

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
began looking at new equipment to replace my 9 y.o. Sidetrac.

I like the WW Razor, but $90k for a new touchfree??? I'd have to put a $25 wash on there to make any money!!!!!!!!!!!!

just sayin', isn't the technology on this machine 15 years old?

please set me straight.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
After seeing how much used equipment is out there for pennies on the dollar, I don't think I will ever buy another new machine. For example, I use Mark VII equipment and know where two machines are that have less than 20K washes for under 30K. I'm sure that if you aren't in a hurry you can find something that will kock your pistol as well.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Waxmam 90K for a WW razor is cheap in NC I got quotes 2 years ago and there at least 120k from a distributor plus add brand new paystation canopy EXtrutech paneling TSS signs and it will be a easy 140K there's a used razor and high velocity on eBay for cheap I bought a 4000 and went all the way through will all the bells and whistles and happy. If I was going to do it again get a used WashWorld and go all the way through it make it look and run like new. Does your current auto wash a lot of cars I would consider this way.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Buy a used Wash World Razor of High Velocity. I believe Jay/Jason Strauss have a couple for sale. They are awesome to do with stand behind what they sell. I put one of Jays High Velocity's in 2 1/2 years ago and have been happy ever since.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
New autos aren't cheap. So much technology and flexibility in them will drive the price up. I put a new LW 360 in a year ago, no problems with it to date, runs like a champ. I just had two more quoted out, with airlift doors, new paystations, dryers, and octoform wall/ceiling covering. About 150k each, which included all the labor. Little high, but a good budgetary quote.

I look to get an ROI on equipment like this within 3yrs. So far I'm on track to have the ROI on my first one in a total of 2yrs.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Buy a used Wash World Razor of High Velocity. I believe Jay/Jason Strauss have a couple for sale. They are awesome to do with stand behind what they sell. I put one of Jays High Velocity's in 2 1/2 years ago and have been happy ever since.
what is contact # for jay strauss? thanks

msalvatore

Reaction score
I am in the market for a used IBA. Contact info would be great as I am having trouble finding one.

Thanks'
Marc