What's new

Price Increase

Islandwash

Reaction score
Infinitec , I have 11 of them on 4-year-old vacs. Next time I'll check specs better. currently at $1 for 3 min. Going to $2 for 5 min

Reaction score
Would like to hear from everyone when/ if you announce price increase. Week , month ? Any announcement at all or do ya just do it. My first wash I put up a few signs to make them aware and never heard a word. My 2nd site is really busy and it’s overdue and would like to hear everyone’s “way”
Raised prices in December/January pretty significantly and then again a month later when new paystation arrived. Took advice of someone and went from four offerings to three and am blown away at how much more we are getting per wash now.

jack954

Reaction score
interesting topic going from 4 wash packages to 3 as i have been considering this but unsure if my $ per car will increase or decrease.
i am currently at 18,15,12,10 with my 18 as my best seller and wanting to go to 20,16,12.
any thoughts on this change from anyone that has done something similar?

Islandwash

Reaction score
This is a great subject. Having 3 packages might be a good way to increase revenue. currently at 9, 11, 13, 15. I just raised it 3 months ago and wish I was more aggressive on pricing. The downside is having to buy new display signs. Going from 4 to 3 is more involved than new price stickers. .

RSmith

Reaction score
This is a great subject. Having 3 packages might be a good way to increase revenue. currently at 9, 11, 13, 15. I just raised it 3 months ago and wish I was more aggressive on pricing. The downside is having to buy new display signs. Going from 4 to 3 is more involved than new price stickers. .
I have similar pricing to you, but with only 3 selections. Mine are $10, $13, $15. I set these prices in 2021 and have been contemplating increasing again. So far this month 55% of my washes are the $15, 24.5% are the $13, and 20.5% are the $10. Last month was nearly identical with my top wash being the same percentage and my middle wash being 25.5% and bottom wash being 19.5%.

Etowah

OurTown

Reaction score
How many selections would you have if you had a combo machine? We are planning on three friction washes and a mid-priced touchless option with our new one.

chaz

Reaction score
interesting topic going from 4 wash packages to 3 as i have been considering this but unsure if my $ per car will increase or decrease.
i am currently at 18,15,12,10 with my 18 as my best seller and wanting to go to 20,16,12.
any thoughts on this change from anyone that has done something similar?
for sure i’d drop bottom wash.

Keno

Reaction score
We are considering dropping the bottom wash as well, it doesn't have the clear coat protector/drying agent included in the package, and as a result cars aren't drying well. Not happy with the final product.

philliesfan94

Reaction score
No announcement. Just did ours at the beginning of January. Had a few comments (mostly from seniors and customers who already used coupons) but haven't had someone really give us a problem. We kept our membership prices the same so no issues there!

Debated on going from 4 to 3 washes but stuck with 4 at $10, $14, $18, and $22

Islandwash

Reaction score
Years ago, I went from 3 to 4 washes to offer customers a lower priced wash without drying. Times have changed. Next big change will be going back to 3 .

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No announcement. Just did ours at the beginning of January. Had a few comments (mostly from seniors and customers who already used coupons) but haven't had someone really give us a problem. We kept our membership prices the same so no issues there!

Debated on going from 4 to 3 washes but stuck with 4 at $10, $14, $18, and $22
I think you have too much spread between $10 and $22. If you go higher at the bottom end it pushes customer to the top rather than the bottom end of your pricing structure.

My spread is 16,18,20,22

philliesfan94

Reaction score
I think you have too much spread between $10 and $22. If you go higher at the bottom end it pushes customer to the top rather than the bottom end of your pricing structure.

My spread is 16,18,20,22
We used to be $8, $12, $16, $20. In the beginning, a lot of people told us to narrow that gap but funny enough, our top 2 packages (now $18 and $22) have always been our most purchased packages (I think a big part of this is the household income here). We are opening up a second location soon (slightly less in terms of income) so I will be curious to see how this does in a slightly different market.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think with a higher low end you'd have a higher % of 18,22. You have to make the upgrade cost between packages more reasonable for the customer. Are they really supposed to believe that an extra pass or 2 of water, soap or protectant is worth $12??? Too big an ask IMO.

OurTown

Reaction score

My spread is 16,18,20,22

Most of the EEs have a higher spread than that. We have one nearby that is $11-$29 and one on the lower end @ $7-$22.

washnshine

Reaction score
Most of the EEs have a higher spread than that. We have one nearby that is $11-$29 and one on the lower end @ $7-$22.
Wow $29. Must only be members getting that. I know that is the plan anyway.

koragor

Reaction score
I have never seen a car wash ever announce a price increase. Wherever I am, this happens without announcement I only saw the price change through the Priceva app. Maybe I’m unlucky, but it turns out to be inconvenient when you’re traveling and the price has already become higher.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’ve raised prices twice in the last 12 months. Once for market and once to accommodate the new pay station. Second increase i went from 4 packages to 3, raised the bottom wash from $6 to $10, middle from $12-$13, eliminated my old $14 wash and added a $16.

this pricing strategy was best explained to me in the way that anyone reading this will spend hours, nights days and months agonizing over this decision….the consumer it as your paystation and needs to make a decision before he or she pisses the car behind them off. The basic wash literally says wash, rinse, dry even thought it has a few more bells and whistles, the midddle has about 5 bullet points, the top wash list everything possible. I’m amazed at the upward shift in selection by just keeping it simple.