What's new

Price high or low on top button--

scout

Reaction score
How much difference does the order actually make---we have 4 buttons with lowest at top. It will cost to redo signage and decals---Can you expect some % increase when the order is flipped?

chaz

Reaction score
We have top wash as top button. Also top wash button is yellow others are blue. In my mind, top wash means top button. My top $12.00 wash has just barely more usage then by 2nd wash $10.00. I make more on the $10.00 so I am happy eather way. I am also thinking about dropping by $6.00 wash...least used and having the top and bottom button both for the top wash!

lag

Reaction score
Top button should always be the highest price wash. Our tellers came with the lowest programed on top. We changed the wiring back to our control panel , and flipped the menu on the teller to put the highest on top.

We started selling washes at a c-store, their software guy made it so the lowest price wash was the first selection. Before they corrected for us almost 35 % of the sales were the bottom wash, now the highest price is at the top, and we have seen an increase on sales of the top wash, and the bottom wash dropped to only 20% of sales.

Just my 2 cents

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
It is also a good idea to make the top wash stand out with larger letters or a different color or larger space on the menu. On a horizontal menu the top wash should be on the left.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Mine is set in ascending order from the top down...looks like I need to make a change here pretty quick if average wash numbers can jump that much...sheesh, always the little things.

scout

Reaction score
See--That is what I like about the forum---actual in the field results---it beats guessing and postponing decisions when you get the facts---Thanks

lag

Reaction score
Mine is set in ascending order from the top down...looks like I need to make a change here pretty quick if average wash numbers can jump that much...sheesh, always the little things.
I need to clarify slightly....I should have included in my post that those numbers were from " winter" , when people tend to buy up anyway. I do however think a good part of the increase was from changing the selection order.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I never thought of putting my top wash at the top of the button stack. Makes since, wish you would have posted that before I re-did my signs on the buttons last year. :)

When I did have my signs redone that go above the autocashier I made a matrix and put the wash packages across the top, options along the Y axis, and put check marks in all the spots that each package had. For the top wash, I made all the print in BOLD and made that column in highlight yellow.

I agree - there is some psychology to drawing attention to the item you want to sell.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes! Top wash on top!

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!