What's new

Previous ownership google reviews

GP85

Reaction score
How do new owners of a previous wash manage their old google reviews?

Have you gone back and responded to the old reviews?

Do you leave personal responses for both positive and negative? Only likes?

I appreciate all of the feedback

GP85

Reaction score
Thanks MEP001. I am in control of the account currently and it is an established business at 4.2 star.

My question more comes is it worth going back to a negative or positive review from 2+ years ago and responding? New ownership? Etc.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I respond to most reviews, both good and bad. It shows a level of accountability. It shows you care about your business and the customer.

Alot of the negative reviews are annoying bs, BUT.... it gives you the opportunity to provide useful info and explain how your wash works. I think it's a good way to encourage new business.

Roz

Reaction score
How do new owners of a previous wash manage their old google reviews?

Have you gone back and responded to the old reviews?

Do you leave personal responses for both positive and negative? Only likes?

I appreciate all of the feedback
We responded to all previous reviews basically saying wash is being run by a new owner as of X date, please give us a try (if negative review) as we run the place where we strive to make things "right" by our customers. We respond to all new reviews in a timely manner and our response has at times gotten the reviewer to change the stars in a positive way without asking. You will never get the previous reviews to go away so better to take them on and address them as they will always come up with a google search. Don't waste time or money on ANY service that says they can fix your reviews for you, they are all scams.

GP85

Reaction score
We responded to all previous reviews basically saying wash is being run by a new owner as of X date, please give us a try (if negative review) as we run the place where we strive to make things "right" by our customers. We respond to all new reviews in a timely manner and our response has at times gotten the reviewer to change the stars in a positive way without asking. You will never get the previous reviews to go away so better to take them on and address them as they will always come up with a google search. Don't waste time or money on ANY service that says they can fix your reviews for you, they are all scams.
Thanks Roz. Great information. I responded to the last 3 years of reviews.

New Washdog

Reaction score
I respond to most reviews, both good and bad. It shows a level of accountability. It shows you care about your business and the customer.

Alot of the negative reviews are annoying bs, BUT.... it gives you the opportunity to provide useful info and explain how your wash works. I think it's a good way to encourage new business.
I believe this is the way!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I haven't bothered with responding to any of my reviews good or bad . Sitting at 4.4 on google but only 96 reviews. The one stars are customers that had a problem and didn't bother to call the number on either of the doors. Also got a couple of one stars likely because of cryptopay pre authorization charges. Also some dings because of price. I've considered responding to them but I think I might shoot myself in the foot with my smartass replies. :)

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The way someone explained it to me was that you're not replying to the negative reviews in order to convert that particular customer back into a happy customer. You're doing it to inform and educate your potential customers who may be reading the reviews, both good and bad. I got dinged on a review stating that it was too difficult to keep an eye on the timer and wash the car without running out of time. I was able To explain that my wash has an audible beeping to let the customer know when they are down to one minute of time left on the timer. The jerk that left the review probably wouldn't care to educate himself, but a potential customer might be positively affected by my comments.

David Rolf

Reaction score
I always respond good or bad for future customers. A funny thing happened last week. I received a call from OSHA and they needed to conduct a surprise onsite audit that day to complete the inspections. The first words out of their mouths were we checked your Google reviews and we see you are a proactive owner who cares about the business. You never know who is looking and for what reasons.