What's new

Pressure at the pump. Low pressure at the nozzle

JeffC11

Reaction score
I'm at a loss here. New pump, new motor. Pressure at the pump shows 1200psi. At the nozzle, it's a super low spray. The only thing I'm left with is corrosion in the line somewhere? I've ordered new hose, not sure what else to do. Thanks in advance.

Randy

Reaction score
Try this, disconnect the High pressure hose from the pump next to the bay that's got the super low spray and connect the High pressure hose with the super low spray to that known good bay, start the bay that you connected the high pressure hose to and then go out to the bay and see if it's working correctly. If it's working correctly the problem is somewhere between the pump and the gun. You could have a check valve leaking by.

MEP001

Reaction score
Your gauge could be bad (Does it return to zero when the pump is off?).

Does the gauge read 1200 inside when the trigger is pulled?

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
I had a problem like that a few years ago. New hoses & new CAT pump, but suddenly low pressure in Bay 1. We replaced the check valve & hose. Found strands of Teflon tape had created a blockage inside the new steel-braided hose. Took us longer to find it than fix it. Crazy!! 🤯

JeffC11

Reaction score
Your gauge could be bad (Does it return to zero when the pump is off?).

Does the gauge read 1200 inside when the trigger is pulled?
Great thought. I'll check that. I've not had some one with me. I'll video. Thanks for the suggestion.

JeffC11

Reaction score
Thanks for all the insight and suggestions. I did switch the lines from the bad pump to the good and it worked fine. So it did indicate the line was clear and free of obstruction. That lead me to the bypass valve. I removed it, cleaned it, WD-40ed it, reassembled and it worked like a champ! Geesh...this stuff can drive ya batty!

Randy

Reaction score
I keep a spare of every part on the pumping equipment for those busy weekends break downs.

Etowah