What's new

Presoak through Foam gun?

Joswhaha

Reaction score
Howdy y’all,
I have been seeing a few threads about running the presoak through the foam gun. I think this is something I am going to figure out for my wash. The current Coleman low pressure presoak setup sucks!

I have a Graco husky 307 pump or a Procon pump and motor I could use for this. I may even have a multiplex controller laying around. I think I will run new 3/8 tubing to each boom for chemicals and use current foam gun air setup to operate both presoak and foam.

This seems like a pretty straight forward addition are there some pitfalls I may not be considering?

OurTown

Reaction score
You will probably need a blow down/methanol injection system since presoak will freeze in the winter.

MEP001

Reaction score
You will need either a relay or a wire jumpered to the second rotary switch stack to use the same air solenoids. It's pretty easy to do either one. If you don't have an unused wire, you will need to do it with a relay.

Cool Wash

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question on slightly different subject. My SS Wash is designed to have HP Presoak and LP presoak. Both run thru HP gun. Questions are:

1. do you have or do you need HP and LP applications for Presoak?
2. if you have one application, is it HP or LP?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks

OurTown

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question on slightly different subject. My SS Wash is designed to have HP Presoak and LP presoak. Both run thru HP gun. Questions are:

1. do you have or do you need HP and LP applications for Presoak?
2. if you have one application, is it HP or LP?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks
Low pressure presoak is the only one that is going to do any real cleaning because is can be a very concentrated and have a high pH. The high pressure is going to at best have a pH of 8 or so and wont clean much. Is your setup a Coleman?

Ryancross11

Reaction score
Howdy y’all,
I have been seeing a few threads about running the presoak through the foam gun. I think this is something I am going to figure out for my wash. The current Coleman low pressure presoak setup sucks!

I have a Graco husky 307 pump or a Procon pump and motor I could use for this. I may even have a multiplex controller laying around. I think I will run new 3/8 tubing to each boom for chemicals and use current foam gun air setup to operate both presoak and foam.

This seems like a pretty straight forward addition are there some pitfalls I may not be considering?
Here is mine ran through a flow jet with air assist.the presoak I have doesn’t have great foaming properties but just getting through the barrel.

Attachments

Joswhaha

Reaction score
That looks pretty good. My current set up runs through the high pressure gun and gets very little usage. I think people would use a set up like this after I educate them.
Thanks guys.

MEP001

Reaction score
Ryancross11's video for people to view without having to download it:

IMO your presoak could be stronger and may need more liquid pressure. If I were to do presoak from a separate gun, I'd want it to cover like snow foam. Coleman's medium-pressure presoak is a joke. It takes too long to reach the gun, and it wastes chemical or it's too weak to really clean. I'm only running presoak at 70 PSI through the gun but I can give a really strong chemical without it being too expensive. I'll try to get a video of the coverage.

Ryancross11

Reaction score
I’m at 70 right now, I’ve been wondering if I downsize tip. I just got the triple foam recommended one.

MEP001

Reaction score
The tip isn't the problem. You have a lot of sputtering and slow coverage. The presoak is too weak or doesn't have enough foaming agent.

Ryancross11

Reaction score
yeah I mentioned above that the current presoak does not have a lot of foaming agent to it. I’m just getting through this barrel before switching.