What's new

Presoak/Bug Cleaner/Tire Cleaner in SS Bays

Car Washer

Reaction score
Is anyone using an all in one Presoak , bug cleaner, tire cleaner as an all in one chemical in self serve bays? If so, what are you using? I am looking for a new product. I currently run the same product on all three switches.

MEP001

Reaction score
What's wrong with what you use now?

I run tire cleaner really strong with enough air to make it foam and stick. I like for it to have a good show and be very obvious that something is getting applied. I like the presoak to be as wet as I can get it to apply with just enough air to make some noise and help it cover the vehicle. Even if I could find a good "all in one" chemical, I would still want two separate systems, so I would have no reason not to use two separate products.

Car Washer

Reaction score
What's wrong with what you use now?

I run tire cleaner really strong with enough air to make it foam and stick. I like for it to have a good show and be very obvious that something is getting applied. I like the presoak to be as wet as I can get it to apply with just enough air to make some noise and help it cover the vehicle. Even if I could find a good "all in one" chemical, I would still want two separate systems, so I would have no reason not to use two separate products.

There is nothing wrong with what I am currently using other than cost and having to wait on the distributor to make his route and bring it on his schedule. Customers love it and use it A LOT! At $950 for a 30 gallon drum it has just gotten too expensive.

My set up is old and I only have one tank LP tank for all three products. I am hoping to find a similar product that is more cost effective.

Was thinking of using Kleen Rites White Tire and wheel cleaner, but worried about the PH level on paint.

washnshine

Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with what I am currently using other than cost and having to wait on the distributor to make his route and bring it on his schedule. Customers love it and use it A LOT! At $950 for a 30 gallon drum it has just gotten too expensive.

My set up is old and I only have one tank LP tank for all three products. I am hoping to find a similar product that is more cost effective.

Was thinking of using Kleen Rites White Tire and wheel cleaner, but worried about the PH level on paint.
That is the problem with crossing over with tire and wheel products and paint/glass/trim products. Even if you change the dilutions, the chemistry might not be right for every surface. There used to be a product called TWB - tire wheel body by Kaady chemical. The premise is that you just change the dilution for the separate uses. As far as bugs, a good presoak will serve that purpose.

Just found it:

One more thought - I think it is good to have a different look and smell to the various chemicals. It reinforces to customers that they indeed are different. If you have only one look and smell, even if it is at different dilutions, customers might think the tire/wheel cleaner and the presoak are the same and just use one for everything. Then they would not benefit from the different dilutions for different uses even if you set it up that way.

Last edited:

TMoliver

Reaction score
Here is a thought. Add a metered solenoid bank for Presoak And Bug to inject water / dilute the Tire Cleaner. Way back that was how Mark VII added presoak to the self-service pump rack. in the early days of Foaming Brush.

DavidM

Reaction score
Are you running the same product at the same dilution for all three applications? If so, why not add the additional tanks and solenoids so that you can give the customer 3 different products? Customers will use the products even more if they are effective.

What is your cost per minute for the product? Or what percentage of sales is the chemical cost? $950/drum can be really cheap or really expensive but by itself it is a meaningless number. Its like comparing the fuel efficiency of a car by looking at what it costs to fill the gas tank.

David