What's new

Premier Dryers option Air Knife or Elephant Ears

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I currently have elephant ears at one location and seem to do a good job with proper chemistry but was wanting to get input on the Air Knife style I hear it has more air output because it's not limited to individual ports as with the elephant ears are.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Man, my 3 gang 15hp set up, w/ side blowers @ about the top of driver/passenger windows, works great! Especially w/ the chems set up (Quest H2off & Shine On).
Ive seen many 9---14 gang setups in tunnels, that don't dry as well.
But dadgum, can we ever get the back dry?!!😰😯

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
I like the top too. Bottom has the potential to come contact with a side view mirror. Won’t hurt anything - just a soft rubber/silicone, but someone will complain and claim scratches or damage.

soapy

Reaction score
I added the Sonnys Mammoth side dryers at one location a few years back and have been very happy with them. They now have the optional flip feature to help dry the backs of cars as well.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I added the Sonnys Mammoth side dryers at one location a few years back and have been very happy with them. They now have the optional flip feature to help dry the backs of cars as well.
Side only? If so, what was the cost? How do they "flip" the dryers?

soapy

Reaction score
I had 3 overhead fans that I kept using and added the Mammoth to get the lower portion of the car and front better. I think the flip feature can be controlled by a timer, Plc or a photo eye. I have not added the flip to mine yet

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Diamond wash, do you have 10 or 15HP blowers?

Not happy with my Premier 3-10s on the Istobal with the Elephant trunks. In all fairness, the rep said "most people get four" I told him that I didn't think I needed them because of my experience with the Belanger air cannons. But IMO the air cannons do a much better job with no add ons. Ive also tried round nozzles and extension add ons, The Belangers still "blow them away" lol.