What's new

Possible Causes of lost Pressure on WW 1.0

toddmullens

Reaction score
I have a Water Wizard 1.0 manufactured in 2004 that is not producing adequate pressure. It has the zero degree nozzles on the boom(6) and the imegs on the sides(0503, 0504). The pump registers 1000psi on the rocker panel and when only the boom is spraying, but when the sides and boom nozzles are active, it drops to 500-600 psi. I have installed a new unloader and still have the same problem. There is no leaks as far as I can tell from any hose. I have looked inside and out at all the hoses, solenoids, etc. but not a drop. Does anybody have any idea what could be the cause of the reduced pressure. Possibly the valves? The pump does not make any unusual noises and does not leak anywhere around the pump stand so I have ruled out seals but I guess it is a possiblity. The tips are fairly new but it seems strange that it will achieve the proper psi when the boom is on by itself or when the roccker panel is active just not when the sides and the boom are active. I have 9 other machines that perform perfectly but this one is giving me fits! Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
First off I know nothing about your machine,but have a vector. If it produces
1000psi on rocker that part is working , pump is fine. Some check valve or solenoid is dumping water -possibly back into water tank,check for that, then start at beginning and check along the way out to the machine. Something is bleeding off the water, and dropping the pressure

MEP001

Reaction score
I believe there's a solenoid that is meant to open and dump pressure back to the pump at certain times. It may be stuck open.

A pump with bad low-pressure seals may leak but will still produce pressure. A pump with bad high-pressure seals won't leak.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
You might want to look at the medium pressure bypass valve to see if it is stuck or returning water when all nozzles are running, you can do this with the test mode on high pressure rinse and look in the tank to see if there is water returning thru the bypass.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
If this was me I would take all covers off gantry and turn hp rinse on at the red lion, go outside and see where the leak is.

some time the HP hose across the top of the gantry will leak and you will not see it because the water runs down the inside of the gantry wall.

Good luck

diycarwash

Reaction score
I think it is the DEMA Valve at the bottom of the pump station. You have two of them. The one on the left has the hose goes to the water tank. Check to see if there is anything inside the selnoid. If not try taking the coil off and test to see if the pressure is good. I had to disconnect mine. I don't use Medium pressure on any of my washes.

toddmullens

Reaction score
That was the first thing I tried and the only thing that was leaking was my clothes! I am thinking about checking all the solenoids and especially the medium pressure solenoid but it doesn't make sense to me that pressure is good with boom only and rocker panel just not when all nozzles are going. I really expected to find a busted hose on top of the gantry and when I didn't thats when I got really confused! Oh well, the serach will continue and I will keep you all posted if it turns out to be something unusual, but more than likely it will be something very obvious that I am just overlooking. In that case, I will spare myself the embarassment and keep the fix to myself! Thank all of you for your input on this issue. Hopefully I will get it resolved soon! Have a good week of washing cars and try to stay cool in this unforgiving heat!

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Have you tried to turn the high pressure pumps on at the test cycle on Red Lion ?

If you have pressure with the test cycle on, I would think this would prove that the pump and hoses are ok.

Then i would look at the recipes on the red lion.

good luck

toddmullens

Reaction score
Yes. It has low pressure when I kick on the hp rinse on the test screen. I thought maybe there could be some trash in the medium pressure solenoid, but I would think if that was the case the pressure would be low on the rocker panel and when the top boom was on by itself, but I have 1000psi there. I was told by a friend of mine that there is a slim chance that the solenoid for the sides could be worn out and not pulling the plunger up fully when energized, cause the unloader to unload too much water. I cannot see how it could be anything other than a busted hose, but I have yet to find it. The saga continues.....I will tear it completly apart if I have to, but would rather not!

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I believe I would remove the passenger side cover on gantry and remove the high pressure panel cover, and go inside and turn on hp rinse and go back out and see what is going on inside the hp panel, I do not understand why the pressure changes unless there is a leak somewhere.

robtl

central Ky
Reaction score
Have you looked at the pump suction valve , could it have been closed maybe a little to much and not giving enough water when higher demand is called for? maybe the suction is clogged with something , if I remember right there is not a suction screen on the tank and something can easily enter there.

toddmullens

Reaction score
The main issue was the stainless 1" pipe in the long boom. It had a crack in the weld at both ends that was spraying a very fine mist that you couldn't see unless the cover to the boom was off. I had to replace the 1" hose from the wall to the long boom and noticed the spray after I had installed the new hose and tested for leaks with the cover off. I also had a kinked 3/8" thermoplastic hose that was spraying a fine mist as well but hadn't busted through all the way. The later had to have just happened because I would have noticed that problem for sure. I put a new 1" pipe in and the pressure went back to normal. Thanks for to all for all the suggestions! All is running smoothly for now.......Knock on Wood!