What's new

POS system?

carwasher714

Reaction score
First time poster, hello everyone. Opening a EE in a couple of months and was looking for some feedback on POS systems. First off is it even necessary and worth the $50k+? And also thoughts on DRB vs. Washlink? Thanks!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
POS systems give you lots of options. Whether they are worth it or not will vary. I have a DRB which can be a full blown POS and Datatrax which is bare bones. - No cash register. At the end of the day it gives you am printout as to how much $ you should have.

Gets the job done. If you want all sorts of stuff like pre paid wash plans they you may want something more elaborate.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
“First off is it even necessary and worth the $50k+?”

An automated payment system with smart up-sell technology completes the marketing solution for carwash.

Self-pay station increases productivity, saves time and allows customers to control their own transactions.

Pay stations allow for high volume, express card clearing, audio-visual interface, bilingual capable, weather resistant, memory back-up and user-friendly “strike zone” – no customers bending or stretching.

Smart technology supports monthly club, loyalty and fleet programs and optional fast-pass with RFID.

Pay stations can add and subtract and don’t steal, show up late or call off sick.

Is it worth it?

buda

Reaction score
POS Systems are well worth the investment. They are the way of future and once the customer gets used to them, they love using them.

As Robert points out there are so many advantages, especially in terms of controlling money.

We had some excellent ways to control money, car washes, etc. which I would be happy to share with you.

Personally there is only one company I would work with because they are not computer geeks, they are car wash people and that is Innovative Control Systems (ICS). We had their system and they gave us unbelieveable support and customer service and no BS.

Don't know much about Washlink, but I know the owner and he is also a car wash guy and may have a great system, but I have never used it.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

pgrzes

Reaction score
I have a complete ICS Tunnel Master Jr. system with POS Cart for sale CHEAP!!!! Both computers were replaced 6 mos ago. not an autoteller but a point of sale cart, great system if you plan to have a greeter. email for info.
pgrzes@comcast.net

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
“First off is it even necessary and worth the $50k+?”

Self-pay station increases productivity, saves time ,,,

Pay stations allow for high volume, express card clearing, .....weather resistant, memory back-up and user-friendly “strike zone” – no customers bending or stretching.

Pay stations .........., show up late or call off sick.

Is it worth it?
One idea might be to not do it now but prepare for an easy instal later by running conduit etc. As volume increases and funds allow you can upgrade to whatever, RFID, gates etc.

As for some of the benefits I don't know if they are accurate. Increase productivity, save time? I hear most experience a throughput of up to 60 CPH per station. A human cashier / loader can do over 100 CPH by themselves.

The stations are capable of more than 60 CPH, The customer interaction factor typicaly isn't. Whether resistant, & user friendly - same with Human in Kiosk, some users prefer humans although admittedly the non human interface is universaly accepted. Memory Back up. The simplest systems typicaly have this.

Pay stations do have some reliability issues but they are getting better all the time.

Robert Bailey

Reaction score
"And also thoughts on DRB vs. Washlink? "

My question to you is why you only ask about these two ?

Dont forget about support contract fees.. Merchant services.. lot more to it than just a box that sells washes..