What's new

Portal TI bill dispenser loading

OurTown

Reaction score
We are considering a Portal TI+ for our new auto cashier but have some reservations about the bill dispenser. It dispenses ones and if it gets jammed then it will dispense dollar coins. From what I understand after getting a little age on them it can be sensitive to the quality of bills and may only like brand new ones. I'm not sure my bank can always get new ones. If someone gets an $8 wash and uses a $20 that is a lot of ones to dispense. Also it does not have a removable cassette to load so it has to be loaded directly into the stacker and having more room for error. If we go up to the Sentinel model it has the option for dual bill dispensing and removable cassettes. When dispensing ones and fives the dispensers may last longer and we would not have to reload them as often. If you had a spare cassette (why wouldn't you?) it could be loaded carefully inside the office and swapped out without anyone seeing cash. There are other differences between the two units so there is quite a price difference but the bill dispenser is the feature we like the best. Does anyone here have a Portal with the bill dispenser?

OurTown

Reaction score
The Portal uses a Fujitsu F50 and the Sentinel uses more of an ATM grade Talaris but I'm not sure of the model. Does anyone have one of those Fujitsu dispensers?

OurTown

Reaction score
I called my Wright Patt Credit Union (the largest CU in Ohio), PNC Bank, Fifth Third Bank, and New Carlisle Federal (tiny bank). None can order new bills anymore. Sometimes they get them in but most of the time they don't. That makes us lean toward the Sentinel. Of those that have bill dispensers how reliable are they with used bills?