What's new

Poor drying results in tunnel

Lofty

Reaction score
Yes we have titrated the Velocity at the arch which tested ok, but the other chemical suppliers do not have any titration details for their product so they have been set up using volumetrics. Does anyone know if there is a titration process for Lustra 405 Pearl Black and Turtle Wax Blaze n Glaze. Mt chemical suppliers don't have any titration info for these products.

Lofty

Reaction score
Thanks JM Mustang i don't have this chart, i was relying on the chemical rep to set this up correctly. I believe we were using approx 15ml per car, which according to this info is very high. Given what has already been said, too much product can be as bad as not enough.
thank you, it gives me another item to check.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Is there a chance that the cars that turn out good are the ones that get the low pH conditioner at the end of the wash? If your water is alkaline, it can require more product to get the job done. Having a low pH at the end of the wash will help tremendously, but it sounds like you already have that.... Unless it is only on some wash packages...

Lofty

Reaction score
No our process applies the low PH in all circumstances. We have tested the PH on the car and it is very close to neutral. The last time it was done the reading was 7.1
Because we seem to get poor water break at the front section of the hood and after that it improves, I'm suspicious we're not getting good delivery of DA until the pump has run for a while. I've experimented with turning it on earlier, but maybe i need to go more extreme with that. I can't see any other reason why it would be particularly bad at the front of the car. If i can get a good dry on the hood and front windshield, I'm already at an acceptable level on the rest of the car. Thanks for your input.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I see you use a freshwater rins before the DA. I have had some luck using a Dema Valve to suck some DA from the pail where DA is already diluted into the Fresh water rinse. This helps kill any soap residue so the DA application seems to work better.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Since you are using a dose pump setup, another possibility is that the water valve for the DA is leaking slightly - causing the delivery pipe to slowly fill with water between cars.
If it were mine, I would get rid of the dose pump and put in a hydrominder setup. Drying agent usually is an oil in water emulsion and it takes some time for the product to 'mix in' properly. A hydrominder allows for that, but a 't' in the line doesn't really facilitate that.

Ryko CS

Reaction score
I would recommend you contact your local MacNeil distributor, GoodSight. They can be reached at 61 2 9757 4700. If they are unable to assist you, please feel free to contact MacNeil technical support in Barrie. They can be reached at 1-855-347-4751 and they will be happy to assist you.

Lofty

Reaction score
yes i have swapped the pump with another one. It's sounding a lot like i have a problem with dosing of product and perhaps switching to a hydrominder could be worthwhile. You would wonder why a manufacturer of many years would supply something which is inferior to a hydrominder and it sounds like these Blue White pumps are not the right answer.
I'll gladly send some feedback once I've made changes and tested. Thank you everyone.

Mr.Aap

Reaction score
Blue White Pumps may have their place but applying drying agents is not one of them.....

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Warms my heart to know I am not a fuddy duddy. Took out all the dosing pumps when I took over a place. At first i thought it a really neat set up. After while I felt the good old hydrominders were less tempermental, easier to trouble shoot and as stated gave better mixing action. Never looked back. I just keep a few rebuild kits on hand and and they keep going and going.

Lofty

Reaction score
With all the feedback what i have done initially is turn on the DA pump earlier than the water solenoid to see if i can change the results. Bingo it does seem to have made a difference although its been raining ever since so bugger all cars have been washed.
Can you guys confirm if you normally use Flo jet pumps with the hydrominders for applying the DA?