What's new

Poll: Owning a self serve is….

Owning a self serve is ….

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

edredtop

Reaction score
Did you think it would be this hard? Or no?
I used to rent moving trucks a while back. One night my wife and I went out to dinner and one of the trucks rented earlier in the day pulled up alongside us. I chuckled and said, "Look at that, we're on our way to dinner and we're making money!" Trucks were $19.95 and .79 cents per mile at the time so every mile they drove was an additional sale (not unlike "count-up" mode at our washes). I thought that was such a fun business model that when a car wash became available nearby, it made for a perfect fit. Now we can check the cameras at the wash no matter where we are and have a similar experience.
By no means is operating a car wash "easy," but if you have a positive attitude and the confidence that you are serving your customer the best product you can deliver, it makes the good moments enjoyable, and you just might get a chuckle with your spouse at dinner.

Brookswash21

Reaction score
As a woman who inherited my carwash from my husband I’ve noticed it was much easier when he was here.
It is a whole new learning experience but I’m slowly getting it especially since finding this forum.
One thing he did was make me do whatever needed to be done and he just watched which I think was a huge help. But still there are some things I need help with but the sad part is that some men still try to take advantage of a single woman they think is dumb and over charge me when they help me.
Hell I have to shovel the pits out and realized the clog was at the sewer part so I had to play in the black mud but that’s all part of it.
I do have another facility that I need to put my equipment I have back in it and get it running. So that’ll be fun lol.

David Rolf

Reaction score
I will have to admit the first 6 months of owning my first wash in 2017 were the worst. I was a long-time aircraft technician which helped but knew nothing about self-serve washes. It just takes time to learn the systems and nothing is too hard once you know the theory of operation. This forum and its members have been a blessing. Thank you!

cmawash

Reaction score
as operator of multiple locations we keep a high lever of service with updated equipment. if things are going smoothly we get scared. We get and been brought down to earth on a routine basis by problems all the time. Business requires a lot of different talents. Over the years we have acquired car washes that are run down and old owners want out because it was supposed to be easy