What's new

Poll: Biden vs. Trump's era

The Biden Administration has affected my car wash business...

• Positively

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

New Washdog

Reaction score
I know two HVAC company owners and neither came from the fuel retailer industry. Maybe it is a Vermont thing because I have never heard of that. Around here fuel oil is dying off in favor of propane because of the fuel cost. Most houses in and around Dayton Ohio are on piped natural gas though.
Natural gas pipe lines are only in the major cities in the north east. Oil (diesel), propane and kerosene to a lesser extent are the primary fuels in New England.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Natural gas pipe lines are only in the major cities in the north east. Oil (diesel), propane and kerosene to a lesser extent are the primary fuels in New England.
I shudder & cringe ... when I read on the CLA Laundry Forum about the areas .... where owners have their large number of commercial clothes dryers on something other than natural gas. They definitely take a hit by way of both less performance & cost!

KYwashywash

Reaction score
Our 4x 300’ deep holes in the ground take up little area. Six weeks after the first drill hit the dirt you would not know that we had holes in our yard for geo. I did have alittle fun playing with our neighbors telling them that we were drilling for oil.

I was told at the time by the installer that they were installing at town homes situated on less than 0.1 acre. The largest part of the cost is the drilling that’s why incentive$ are necessary to entice the switch.
It’s always about the almighty dollar as you say. People aren’t just going to start paying more because it’s better for environment or Mother Earth! I have an electrical contracting company so I'm very familiar with geo thermal and many other “efficiency” products. Nobody purchased led lighting when it first came out as it was crazy expensive. Over the years through engineer and market completion it’s become within reason. This needs to happen with things like geo thermal especially as it’s still very expensive and you will almost 100 not see the pay off unless there’s subsidies involved. Unfortunately people like to preach about doing the right thing but in the end most do not because of the cost factor involved. Until things are regulated and demanded it will not change. EV is one thing specifically that has been targeted without a legitimate plan put into place. There is not enough power anywhere In this world right now to go to 💯 and nothing is being done to supplement what we already. This will be the biggest F up in history from what I see. Thats all.