What's new

Pole mount for Scottsdales?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I want to mount a couple of 320W Scottsdales on a 4" square pole, facing straight down. Does anyone know if there is a pole mount kit available or will I have to get something fabbed up?

MEP001

Reaction score
LSI makes a lot of different pole fixtures, so I doubt they make a pole mount for a canopy fixture. I couldn't find anything like that on their site. It should be easy to fab though.

If it's for lighting a lot, I don't think I'd use a Scottsdale. They're designed to cast light in a 270° sphere to light the ceiling as well as the ground. A lot of light would be wasted. A usual pole light would cast all its light straight down on the ground where it's needed.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I have a lone vac island out back of one of my washes. It has two 175W MH lights. One has a broken lens which costs over 1/2 what a new light costs. They are just adequate at best to light the car itself. I would like to get more coverage back there and I already have those 320W lights in my auto so I wouldn't have to stock yet another bulb.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Cfcw, as I stated above, one of the fixtures needs a lens as well. The fixtures are also not vertical and I can't imagine that there is room for a vertical bulb.

Oh, and another biggie. I will have to hire a bucket truck to do the swap. Trying "this and that" would be quite expensive. I would like to have two new fixtures and be done with it.