What's new

Pokestop

toddmullens

Reaction score
Anyone know how to setup a "poke stop" at a business? Figured I might as well try to take advantage of the craze while it lasts. Seems like an easy way to attract customers...

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I'll ask my kids. I did see it on the news the other morning.

twerkinatthecarwash

Reaction score
Niantic (Pokémon Go's parent company) is not currently taking submissions for new Pokestops. Since the game launched about a month ago they only had a 2 hour window where they took submissions through their website, but the response was overwhelming so they closed it quick.

Follow Niantic on twitter (the just hired a community manager so it gets updated about every day) and watch for when they open up new Pokestop submissions. Word on the street is that it'll probably happen again sometime in the next couple of months as the demand for new stops is huge right now.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
All the pokestops were imported from Niantic's original game. The original business model is for companies to pay them to advertise and add their locations to be a portal in the game. (A portal is a stop or gym.)

I assume the same will translate to pokemon.... my kids even watch the pokemon shows on netflix's now. Why? :)

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I have a stop at one wash. Only generates Zombies looking at their phones. Not one dollar.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I agree.... I would think it would be nothing but problems. A gym would be worse I would think.... people just loitering. The only place that might make sense is a comic book shop (which has a stop near my house). There is a bank (near my house) that is a stop also for some reason?

That said.... it might be a great idea? 60% are 18-24.... 92% are 18-34 which are the people you want to contact though. Mostly women also. So it would be perfect.

But not really sure if they are not just installing this app for their kids or not? My kids just want to "drive by" stops all the time.... seems like the traffic you would not want? I never played any pokemon games as a kid.... but the game does have intriguing business applications. I am not sure if it is traffic you would want though?