What's new

Plumbing Diagram

zepher

Reaction score
Could someone send me a diagram on how to plumb my pump stand? I have a problem every once in a while with very little soap in the bay. I think it has something do do with how it's plumbed as everything else is working fine. I'm also interested in adding hot water instead of just cold. Just curious as to how I should re-plumb everything.

I can e-mail pictures of my set up. I have all Mark VII proline equipment (mfg in 2001). Cold Water Rinse, Soap, Wax, Presoak, Engine/Tire Cleaner, Spot Free and Foam Brush.

Thanks!

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I don't have a diagram but on my Mark VII I need to back off the water feed to the pump until it starts to cavitate then turn back just a little for it to pull an ample amount of soap. If you haven't tried this it could solve your soap problem.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Yes, leave it set there. When the pump is slightly starved of water it creates suction on the soap line and then pulls more soap. Be careful not to get crazy with it, I usually turn my high pressure soap on start starving the pump until I hear the pump cavitate then turn back about a 1/4 turn or just until pump sounds normal again.

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Thats hard on pump and needs frequent adjustment. Based on MKVII recommendation, we installed flo jet pumps from each product tank and opened the valves we had throttled with completely--no more cavitating pumps and great product control.

Works fine.

Etowah
Reaction score
Hey, I am interested in what else it can be. I have a similar system to where it cavitates, I back off just a little bit. Has been working great until recently. I have one bay where it just brings a little soap even if cavitating like crazy. Other bays work just fine. I would appreciate any options!

zepher

Reaction score
I don't have a diagram but on my Mark VII I need to back off the water feed to the pump until it starts to cavitate then turn back just a little for it to pull an ample amount of soap. If you haven't tried this it could solve your soap problem.
I tried this and it solved the problem (for now) and hopefully it will last :)

thoffmanjr

Reaction score
You could also pressurize your soap lines with a small air powered pump like a flowjet. Set it to 30psi as an example. We have noticed as the level in the soap tank drops you get less soap at the tip because there isn't as much head pressure on the soap lines. This might help.

mjc3333

Reaction score
You can also change the size if the tubing that feeds the soap solenoid from the holding tank to the pump. We did this and now have no reduction in soap output irrelevant of the level of soap in the holding tank. The bottom of the soap tank has to be higher than the soap inlet to the pump for this to work. If the holding tank is lower than the inlet, you would have to pressurize it for consistent delivery of soap to the pump.