What's new

Plow Thief's

dogwasher

Reaction score
My attendant calls me at 8AM yesterday morning to tell me he can't plow the snow off the lot. There is a problem he says someone stole the hydraulic lines from the plow! (thank you video cameras) turns out at 4AM that morning two guys plowing in a older truck had a break down so they used my truck as there repair parts store. I didn't get a plate but I did get some good video...I got a really great police officer who says "there going down!" and that he is going to post a picture of the truck in all the police cars on the force. The guys that took the parts actually left the scene for 15 minuets to go get some tools and then returned so we know there not to far away.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Since we had entire Blades stolen we no longer leave them outside.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Probably a local guy, so I'd drive around after the next snow to find him out plowing. Then call the cops!

dogwasher

Reaction score
Since we had entire Blades stolen we no longer leave them outside.

Thanks Earl, you got me thinking I really need to add some theft prevention to my plow and a few other things. I don't have a garage but I have some thick Titanic chain.

dogwasher

Reaction score
Probably a local guy, so I'd drive around after the next snow to find him out plowing. Then call the cops!
I just looked on my cameras tonight and watched a undercover officer drive threw the wash. They really want to catch these guys(not much goin on in town I guess?) This is a big case for them when the officer arrived for the report he looked like he wanted to shoot first and ask questions later!

MEP001

Reaction score
Some cops understand better than others that theft of equipment like that is a bigger deal than someone stealing a car stereo.

dogwasher

Reaction score
Update

The police called tonight and left a message on my phone they caught the thugs at 4PM this afternoon. They told the cops they new my plow truck was back behind the building because that's where they wash there truck. First I thought some of my customers were just crazy now theres a new breed of crazy crooks!

bigleo48

Reaction score
I never thought of someone stealing the hydraulic lines! However, since my Western Plow is newer with the very easy mount that is standard on all their plows, I do make sure I park it in such a way that they would have a hard time taking it off. Perhaps now I'll just lock it to the truck frame.

Big

Etowah